• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I would love a new CDM. A proper anchor of a DM who's actually mobile and composed on the ball with a good range of passing and workrate. Hopefully when Scott comes in that's the first thing he will look for because it's something we need massively.

Mo Besic is a free agent , could he be a step up ?Olivier Ntcham would also fit the bill and is also a free agent. The Chalobah brothers would be good on loan but may not be allowed out on loan from their respective clubs. We need better than Howson and Paddy in CM, Lewis Ferguson and Ali McCann would do for me IF we could afford them. Gustavo Hamer and the more forward thinking Callum Ohare would also improve us. Ilias Chair looked quality last night. Surely we have another diamond on the list ?

9 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I’ve e pulled both hamstrings just watching him run

He’s gonna get a lot of slow, plodding Championship centre backs sent off when they pull him down as last man. Can’t wait! His English should be a good enough standard to understand instructions without a translator too, so we might see him integrated into the team quickly.  

4 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Mo Besic is a free agent , could he be a step up ?Olivier Ntcham would also fit the bill and is also a free agent. The Chalobah brothers would be good on loan but may not be allowed out on loan from their respective clubs. We need better than Howson and Paddy in CM, Lewis Ferguson and Ali McCann would do for me IF we could afford them. Gustavo Hamer and the more forward thinking Callum Ohare would also improve us. Ilias Chair looked quality last night. Surely we have another diamond on the list ?

Some good suggestions there. It's a really weak position for us on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

So closing in on Sporer and Van Bergen but still no closer to finding out who this mystery left sided defender is.

Or any closer to finding out who this ‘shocking’, ‘big name’ striker is. Nice bit of propaganda from the club/gazette. 

• Like 1

GK: Lumley / Daniels / James

RB: Dijksteel / Peltier / Fisher (Injured) 

CB: Fry / Wood

CB: Hall / Bamba

LB: Bola / ?

CDM: Morsy / Howson

CM: McNair / Malley

CM: Crooks / Payero

RM: Tavernier / Van Bergen / Spence / Ameobi (Injured) 

LM: Watmore / Jones / Olusanya

ST: Ikpeazu / Šporar / ?

Assuming we get the deals that are reportedly close over the line, do we think there’s any other areas we may try to strengthen if something crops up late in the window?

Edited by CWC
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

The weirdest part about this window is how Isiah Jones has come out of nowhere to being our best attacking outlet, and even with all these new signings, I'd still have him #1 name on the teamsheet at left wing.

I would too, but he’s likely to be susceptible to muscle injuries as the season goes on. He won’t be used to this many games in a short span. If he’s fit then he should be in the team

Just now, CWC said:

GK: Lumley / Daniels / James

RB: Dijksteel / Peltier / Fisher (Injured) 

CB: Fry / Wood

CB: Hall / Bamba

LB: Bola / ?

CDM: Morsy / Howson

CM: McNair / Malley

CM: Crooks / Payero

RM: Tavernier / Van Bergen / Ameobi (Injured) 

LM: Watmore / Jones / Olusanya

ST: Ikpeazu / Šporar / ?

Assuming we get the deals that are reportedly close over the line, do we think there’s any other areas we may try to strengthen if something crops up late in the window?

Nope, I would bring in a decent CDM if possible but think that will be one we have to wait till the summer for.

But if we can get Olusanya, Sporar & Van Bergen over the line. Add in one more attacker and a LB it will have been a really solid window. 

• Like 1

I'm happy with Van Bergen but I'm not going to judge him based off his Eredivisie stats or youtube highlights, Kristoffer Peterson looked like the coup of the summer for Swansea a couple of years ago based on his highlights/record but I don't even think he lasted a year before he was gone.

Hopefully Van Bergen and Sporar add some extra quality to us, I like Djed Spence he's an honest runner but he doesn't offer much when we get near their box we need someone with a bit of technique who can commit their defenders like Willock was doing to ours on Wednesday.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Or any closer to finding out who this ‘shocking’, ‘big name’ striker is. Nice bit of propaganda from the club/gazette. 

Diggerlad said it was alario

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""