oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

I'm happy with Van Bergen but I'm not going to judge him based off his Eredivisie stats or youtube highlights, Kristoffer Peterson looked like the coup of the summer for Swansea a couple of years ago based on his highlights/record but I don't even think he lasted a year before he was gone.

Hopefully Van Bergen and Sporar add some extra quality to us, I like Djed Spence he's an honest runner but he doesn't offer much when we get near their box we need someone with a bit of technique who can commit their defenders like Willock was doing to ours on Wednesday.

Generally speaking physicality is king in football. Pace is terrifying at any level, but in the Championship especially it is deadly. Just look how good Adama was for us, and he still can't hit a barndoor with a machine gun.

Quick feet and a willingness to go past people is enough for a winger at this level. I think him and Jones either side of Uche will be naughty.

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, estonpidge said:

Sadly this gazette article shows no insider knowledge and is a rehash of reports found by people on here from Holland

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-mitchell-van-bergen-transfer-21356741

Gazette picking up the Van Bergen story, they claim Van Bergen could fly in for his medical this weekend and that Boro have watched Van Bergen for sometime.

Let's hope he works out better than our last 'long term target' we signed from the Eredivisie.

10 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Nope, I would bring in a decent CDM if possible but think that will be one we have to wait till the summer for.

But if we can get Olusanya, Sporar & Van Bergen over the line. Add in one more attacker and a LB it will have been a really solid window. 

Don't forget the loan market.

10 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

Nope, I would bring in a decent CDM if possible but think that will be one we have to wait till the summer for.

But if we can get Olusanya, Sporar & Van Bergen over the line. Add in one more attacker and a LB it will have been a really solid window. 

Jon Mellish Carlisle CM would be low risk and low fee. 16 goals from DM last season , Age 23 h1.88m ,left footed ,so can  play CM DM LCH LB . I have not seen him live, but I expect we have scouted him, and he played against us pre season.Ticks a few boxes.

would Mo Besic on a free or Olivier Ntcham on a free be the ' I'd take him tomorrow man'

Edited by Simply Red
Change

I don’t get why herrenveen fans are so down on van Bergen, 11 goal contributions in 29 games is him either scoring or setting up a goal every 3 games, if you work off chances created it’s an even better ratio, couple of half open goals were missed in that highlights video.

2 minutes ago, newyddion said:

two free transfers, another South American, a ‘hello mister’ a ‘wants to join’ and a ‘have him tomorrow’ 

Kean Bryan - one of the two free transfers?

Mitchell van Bergen - ‘hello mister’

Lázaro - the real jewel of flamengo?

Andraž Šporar - ‘the machine’ want’s to join

Yannick Bolasie - low scoring (free) striker?

I’d have him tomorrow me..‘Toyosi Olusanya’

'I'd have him tomorrow' will be a bit more well known I think. Someone who Warnock is well aware of, who's name had previously not been considered. I'm not saying it is him, but someone like Conor Wickham.

15 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I don’t get why herrenveen fans are so down on van Bergen, 11 goal contributions in 29 games is him either scoring or setting up a goal every 3 games, if you work off chances created it’s an even better ratio, couple of half open goals were missed in that highlights video.

On the highlights he created chances his team mates missed. You can't just look at the assists and goals. It's on the chances created etc runs he made team play. It's not his fault if a team mate misses he made the chance did his job 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

On the highlights he created chances his team mates missed. You can't just look at the assists and goals. It's on the chances created etc runs he made team play. It's not his fault if a team mate misses he made the chance did his job 

He does shoot a lot himself, we'll drill that out of him 

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

'I'd have him tomorrow' will be a bit more well known I think. Someone who Warnock is well aware of, who's name had previously not been considered. I'm not saying it is him, but someone like Conor Wickham.

I’ve been through all the squads and the only one I can think it could be is Dwight Gayle. That of course assumes its a premiership player who was actually named in their teams squad.

I did wonder if it could be Cenk Tosun but he’s out with a knee injury.

I loathe to move players who have a position nailed down, but we may be better moving diksteel into midfield in place of Howson, and letting paddy drop back into defence, use spence and bola as the wing backs. Diksteel is comfortable carrying the ball forward and has a good engine. I can't imagine us having the funds to get a new centre midfielder in as well as all the names rumoured to be incoming already. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""