oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 hour ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Odd the gazette are putting out articles at 22:00. Wanting to get something out before an announcement tomorrow? 

Most articles published at hours like that are timed so that there’s always something fresh for people looking late / early doors 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, WarnocksLoveChild said:

I loathe to move players who have a position nailed down, but we may be better moving diksteel into midfield in place of Howson, and letting paddy drop back into defence, use spence and bola as the wing backs. Diksteel is comfortable carrying the ball forward and has a good engine. I can't imagine us having the funds to get a new centre midfielder in as well as all the names rumoured to be incoming already. 

I think Spence on the right gives him time to switch off. His ideal position is where Howson plays where he needs to be in the game all the time. He has all the physical qualities to be the new Emerson. 👍

• Like 1
6 hours ago, newyddion said:

A90E4CE1-9029-43BF-9945-31F2286DF130.jpeg.7e7f93e3319a91d95375aca4c12c3252.jpeg

two free transfers, another South American, a ‘hello mister’ a ‘wants to join’ and a ‘have him tomorrow’ 

Kean Bryan - one of the two free transfers?

Mitchell van Bergen - ‘hello mister’

Lázaro - the real jewel of flamengo?

Andraž Šporar - ‘the machine’ want’s to join

Yannick Bolasie - low scoring (free) striker?

I’d have him tomorrow me..‘Toyosi Olusanya’

I know I mock you a fair bit, but I was told about Lazaro over a month ago now, it wouldn't shock me if Muniz was a front and we were after Lazaro all along.

This Lewis Wing Gazette article just reminded me how perfect Wednesday's night game was for him

Someone to actually get hold of the ball in midfield, maybe that's why he was loaned out?

Edited by LBP
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, LBP said:

This Lewis Wing Gazette article just reminded me how perfect Wednesday's night game was for him

Someone to actually get hold of the ball in midfield, maybe that's why he was loaned out?

There is definitely a tactics war in the club. Wing and Payero are the main victims. Also on age as well. QPR are everything Warnock hates. Their football was brilliant and we were like statutes. Our academy lads play the same way and Warnock has told them it isn't on after matches they have played 

Either part way through this season or next I think we will see a complete change in style and type of player.

The transfers now are an example I think. There are those being brought in my the recruitment team and those 'do not care about stats' ones that Warnock wants.

• Like 2

It definitely feels like we are heading in a new direction but I wonder if it would have been better to get Scott in over the summer and a new manager for this season. I feel like Warnock is out on a limb as we get our house in order which isn’t that fair on him and doesn’t make for great prospects this year. 

This season seems to have the making of a transition between the past and the future, I only hope that after the new year we are in a good position to allow NW to move closer to retirement and have a good replacement identified. 

16 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

It definitely feels like we are heading in a new direction but I wonder if it would have been better to get Scott in over the summer and a new manager for this season. I feel like Warnock is out on a limb as we get our house in order which isn’t that fair on him and doesn’t make for great prospects this year. 

We probably didn't have much of a choice on that front, Norwich wouldn't have wanted their transfer window interfered with. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""