oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

16 minutes ago, p_mards said:

When Tavernier and Watmore come back then it will be interesting to see how Warnock re-jigs our midfield as both ordinarily walk in to the first team. It's going to be impossible to justify dropping Jones. The most logical way of keeping all three in is to keep Jones at LW, Watmore at RW and Tavernier at CM alongside Crooks. Morsy in for Howson at DM. Tavernier in CM with Morsy behind him would help us get a far better control of the ball in midfield than we had against QPR. We just can't be caught on the transition so easily in the middle third.

Personally I think the strongest looking line up is 4-2-3-1

In the three: LW - Jones, #10 Watmore, RW - Tav

In the midfield 2: Crooks and Morsy/McNair

Means that Payero would have to earn a starting place and that Crooks and Tav can both play in the #10 role. The deep lying one of the two midfielders does need a good range of passing as well as the ability to read the game and break up play. On paper at least this looks like a strong unit with good depth in each role, especially if van Bergen and Sporar do join. My main issue is that Sporar looks more like an Akpom style forward than a target man and I'm not sure how well he would fit. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I’d be really interested to see crooks play in a central two. I think he’s got it in him.

With Morsy? I think he's the only one who is disciplined enough to sit while Crooks pushes forward. I would say Howson could as well, but I think suggesting he ever starts a football match again is a banable offence on here now. 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I’d be really interested to see crooks play in a central two. I think he’s got it in him.

Do you not think that will lose a bit of what he’s good at? Getting up with the striker etc? 
I do think a midfield 3 of crooks, Morsy and tav would be risky but potentially exciting to watch.

But I’d also like to see a front 2 of ikpeazu and Sporar, looking at how they play I think that could work really well.

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

Do you not think that will lose a bit of what he’s good at? Getting up with the striker etc? 
I do think a midfield 3 of crooks, Morsy and tav would be risky but potentially exciting to watch.

But I’d also like to see a front 2 of ikpeazu and Sporar, looking at how they play I think that could work really well.

He’s got one hell of an engine on him….so I don’t think he’s beyond playing as an 8. You could well be right but that’s why I’m intrigued. I think he has the attributes to play both roles. Personally speaking I was quite unsure about whether he would hack it playing as far forward as he has. He’s proved me wrong so far. As Tom said I’d want him playing with Morsey so he could have a bit of freedom to push on, carry the ball or join the attack.

• Like 2
Just now, DevKWat said:

In that Warnock says he classes Coburn as one of our strikers, maybe we won’t need anymore after Sporar if Coburn is in our plans 

Could be a good move, see how we are looking til January, if still feel we need something perhaps have another go then.

11 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I think it's underrated how much of a shift Tav puts in defensively, Crooks seems like he's all over the pitch and I've always thought of Morsy as more of a midfield enforcer than the sort of 8 role that Warnock plays him in! That midfield 3 has a good balance for me!

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, LBP said:

Your 2021/22 Championship winners 

image.png.e94c3b39392eba1bcc3358b44f8e8912.png

We'd very lucky with the CDM's. Other than that it's not a bad squad. That with Neil Warnock's experience in this league should be getting into the Playoffs.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""