oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 hour ago, borobaz said:

He's inevitably going to have to shuffle Jones/Spence throughout the season, at least with Watmore coming back, O'Lasagna able to play wide forward and maybe 1 other in coming, we should be fine for the season across the wide positions... and with some pace and attacking threat.

O'Lasagna playing wide?? What have I missed?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

The squad has come together nicely if we get van Bergen and a left back.

I'm pleasantly surprised that we've brought so many in, many people thought we'd be lucky to get 6 in.

We're up to 11 if Sporar and van Bergen are confirmed, and there might still be a few more after that, then we've got Jones who is almost like a new signing.

3 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

We'd very lucky with the CDM's. Other than that it's not a bad squad. That with Neil Warnock's experience in this league should be getting into the Playoffs.

So long as we stop giving stupid goals away of course!

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So long as we stop giving stupid goals away of course!

Absolutely, all three goals shouldn't have happened on Wednesday. Got our CDM losing the ball 4-5 times a game which he shouldn't be doing. Lumley was very poor for two of the goals and the defence were abysmal second half. Should never be conceding three goals in a half of football and two goals to ten men.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

We'd very lucky with the CDM's. Other than that it's not a bad squad. That with Neil Warnock's experience in this league should be getting into the Playoffs.

Really wish we managed to get Mpanzu in tbh 

20 minutes ago, Humpty said:

He’s got one hell of an engine on him….so I don’t think he’s beyond playing as an 8. You could well be right but that’s why I’m intrigued. I think he has the attributes to play both roles. Personally speaking I was quite unsure about whether he would hack it playing as far forward as he has. He’s proved me wrong so far. As Tom said I’d want him playing with Morsey so he could have a bit of freedom to push on, carry the ball or join the attack.

Definately he’d be able to do it and it’s worth a try, hes everything we thought saville was gonna be for about 10x less money. It’s good to have decent options for once.

"Having said that, I think I’ve got to say Josh Coburn has come into my reckoning now. He’s been so strong this last 10 days, couple of weeks so I class Josh now as one of our strikers. so if we can get Sporar that might do that."

What positions were the couple of free agents with 'not great' goalscoring records then? 

3 minutes ago, LBP said:

Really wish we managed to get Mpanzu in tbh 

Me too, think he'd have made a real difference because the DM options we have are poor.

Morsy puts a shift in and his workrate is really good. He loves a tackle too but composer, passing and mobility isn't there.

Howson looks like he's really started to decline tbh. Feel like we're doing the same thing as we did with Leadbitter where we probably kept him for one more season than we should. Clayton it was about 2-3 more seasons then we should have.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LBP said:

"Having said that, I think I’ve got to say Josh Coburn has come into my reckoning now. He’s been so strong this last 10 days, couple of weeks so I class Josh now as one of our strikers. so if we can get Sporar that might do that."

What position were the couple of free agents with 'not great' goalscoring records then? 

Have a feeling one will have been a winger like Bolasie or Brady.

I think the other was probably someone like Robson-Kanu and we've decide to not go ahead with it.

2 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Interesting reply from Alan Nixon to a tweet asking where he thought Andre grey would go. He said huge wages even with Watford helping out. Let’s hope we dodge that then.

I think I saw a watford fan say he was on 80k a week. Not sure how true 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""