• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, FinallyRegistered said:

Based on NW’s comments, he’s happy with the strikers after Sporar comes in. 
Looks likes we’ll get a left back, Sporar, Van Bergen and possibly a free agent winger but that might be it. Decent transfer window if so

Is also a mystery 2nd South American not sure where they fit in 

• Like 1

Uche has been immense but if he can’t play more than 60 minutes I’d be starting Sporar and bringing Uche off the bench, a fresh Ikpeazu against tiring defenders he’ll batter them from pillar to post 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, FinallyRegistered said:

Based on NW’s comments, he’s happy with the strikers after Sporar comes in. 
Looks likes we’ll get a left back, Sporar, Van Bergen and possibly a free agent winger but that might be it. Decent transfer window if so

Got to be happy with that surely

11 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I really don’t think we need another winger now.. Jones, v.Bergen, Watmore, Tav, Olusanya, Spence. 

On paper, that looks great. But:

Jones is very raw and unpolished

van Bergen has yet to sign for us

Watmore is often injured

So is Tav

Olusanya has come from non-league

Spence isn't really a winger.

When fit, Watmore and Tav represent a good wide pairing, while Jones has shown immense promise. But I think it's a bit hasty to assume our wide issues are over. I still think we need at least one more wide player beyond MvB, allowing Spence to stay further back, Olusanya to get up to speed with the Championship and Watmore/Tav to be rotated to minimise their risk of injury.

EDIT: Someone has mentioned Browne and Ameobi, but the latter is supposedly out for the next year and the former has been out for almost as long, plus I'm not convinced Browne is a wide player so much as a central midfielder.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I really don’t think we need another winger now.. Jones, v.Bergen, Watmore, Tav, Olusanya, Spence. 

Words I never thought I’d see written on this thread 😁 it’s been a very good window. Now we just need Tav and Watmore fit.

NW is going to have to make some difficult starting 11 decisions, because the team has pretty much been picking itself due to injuries for a while. 

4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Looks good on paper but realistically only Tav and Watmore have done it at this level. Jones looks great and fingers crossed he keeps his form, he’s undroppable if he does. The rest all have question marks. I’d have personally liked a proper first 11 quality winger who guarantees goals/assists to have come in, but not the end of the world. Like I say, if Jones keeps his form up and Tav is fit then the two or them on the wings is fine. Hopefully v.Bergen can step up aswell. Watmore is always a goal threat when he’s on the pitch aswell. Nice mix of different players with different styles.

3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Watmore is often injured

So is Tav

When fit, Watmore and Tav represent a good wide pairing, while Jones has shown immense promise. But I think it's a bit hasty to assume our wide issues are over. I still think we need at least one more wide player beyond MvB, allowing Spence to stay further back, Olusanya to get up to speed with the Championship and Watmore/Tav to be rotated to minimise their risk of injury.

EDIT: Someone has mentioned Browne and Ameobi, but the latter is supposedly out for the next year and the former has been out for almost as long, plus I'm not convinced Browne is a wide player so much as a central midfielder.

Literally my thoughts to which I’ve just posted haha

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Watmore is often injured

So is Tav

If we bring someone else in thats 6/7 players fighting for 2 spots and whoever we bring in you think will either be lower league or a free agent lacking match fitness, when Tav and Watmore should be back soon 🤞🏼

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""