oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Interest to see the teams and formations that people are putting forward now we have options, but where does Payero fit in, I don’t see him mentioned. Are we going to have to change our style of play to accommodate him.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, pikerman said:

Interest to see the teams and formations that people are putting forward now we have options, but where does Payero fit in, I don’t see him mentioned. Are we going to have to change our style of play to accommodate him.

I'd see him playing a similar role to Tav in the team, and who knows how often Tav will be fit to play this year 🤠

7 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

With everyone fit I still see goalkeeper and left centre half as weak points in the side.

If I was being greedy I'd want players in for those positions.

I’m the same but think that’s for next summer when we have a fresh start. GK, CB partner for Fry and a defensive midfielder all could be improved for me 

• Like 1

I think this window shows how big an impact Britt and Fletcher were having on our FFP calcs when you take the amortisation of their signings and wages into account. Warnock may have had his hands tied last summer. 

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: "Neil Warnock: Man with Van"
Just now, AstoriaBoro said:

I think this window shows how big an impact Britt and Fletcher we’re having on our FFP calcs when you take the amortisation of their signings and wages into account. Warnock May have had his hands tighter last summer. 

Yeah, I posted this a few days ago. Best part of 4m a year just from the transfer fees and 2.5 in wages for britt, fletch and Johnson 

10 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

11 new bodies in if Sporar and Van Bergen go through (I think?). That's a huge turnaround from last season.

Was needed though. But as you point out, thats a huge turnover of players and it usually takes time for them to all bed in. Warnock has a challenge on his hands to get them singing from the same hymn sheet 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

We signed another keeper. The lad from Brentford who is supposed to be decent. Lets give him a chance first.

True, he is rated highly by Brentford fans. Matter of time before he gets a chance in my opinion!

People saying give Lumley a chance... of course we will, but he joined with a reputation of being very inconsistent and has already proved that against QPR. 

Hall looks poor to me. So slow. Would rather drop Paddy back in there if we don't bring a new CB in. 

23 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It would be nice if we gave Lumley a chance too

I did laugh out loud, we should be giving lumley more time before writing him off. He did put the first nail in his coffin getting beat from the dykes shot, no keeper is covered in glory getting beat from that angle through the legs. 

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Looking at Van Bergen's highlights I worry that he might be a bit lightweight for the Championship. 

Possibly, but Jones is a short and scrawny player and he's more than held his own in his first 3 matches.

Edited by TeaCider24
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

He's about the same size as Jones and he's more than held his own in his first 3 matches.

Very good point. Jones is wafer thin but that didn't seem to stop him mugging that defender before his assist on Wednesday night 

44 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Looking at Van Bergen's highlights I worry that he might be a bit lightweight for the Championship. 

I think excitement maybe could be tempered by the last speed demon winger who came to us from Heerenveen. Wildschut didn't even look that lightweight either. For me, watching the highlights, my first thought was is his end product good enough with Van Bergen.

Having said that, this signing does represent something that has many of the prerequisites to be a good, long-term signing for a positive manager should Scott put one in place next year and someone who could well be a positive signing for the current manager too in certain circumstances. He's not that expensive, he's a young player with a good level of natural talent who can surely only get better, he's very much outside the box we've gotten used to recently, he's a bloody winger. 😅

As with most players, we have to see how they do here and judge them on that but I think as far as my knowledge of us and the player goes right now, I'm probably about as happy with this deal as any we've done in a while. So it's entirely my fault if he ends up being a massive flop.

• Like 1

YouTube highlights I know, but one encouraging thing about what I've seen from Van Bergen is that he's using both feet to cross/ shoot. Seems happy driving to the byline and cutting inside on both wings.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""