oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

23 minutes ago, WarnocksLoveChild said:

I did laugh out loud, we should be giving lumley more time before writing him off. He did put the first nail in his coffin getting beat from the dykes shot, no keeper is covered in glory getting beat from that angle through the legs. 

It does happen though, I definitely saw Randolph make worse mistakes for us and he did for West Ham very recently against Celtic

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think excitement maybe could be tempered by the last speed demon winger who came to us from Heerenveen. Wildschut didn't even look that lightweight either. For me, watching the highlights, my first thought was is his end product good enough with Van Bergen.

Wildschut was exactly the type of signing we should be making for me

He wasn't exactly bad for us and we sold him for what we paid, then he realised his potential at Wigan and they sold him for 10x the money (£7m)

Van Bergen has much more pedigree than Wildschut did when we signed him as well so exciting times imo 

• Like 1

I think Van Bergen could be a good acquisition. He is definitely quick and as @Smogzilla pointed out above he does appear comfortable using either foot. The pace of him and Jones either side of Ikpeazu or Sporar could cause havoc for the opposition defenders 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Very good point. Jones is wafer thin but that didn't seem to stop him mugging that defender before his assist on Wednesday night 

Physical attributes only make up a portion of the overall player, its important but gone are the days where every team has to be based on a bunch of brutes.  I know NW like his players to be physical and tall etc. but it shouldn't be what makes a player in my opinion.  Jones has been unreal so far.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Not1ofTheFickleFans said:

I’d go
                               Lumley 

Dijksteel           Hall           Fry              Bola

Morsey

Tavernier.             Crooks

Watmore.            Ikpeazu.               Jones 

We will certainly have options Dawn

I don't think any of the wingers we have signed/are signing are better than either kebano or bolasie (happy to be proved wrong by the dutch lad). We've basically replaced those two very good championship wingers with unknown quantities so I'm not sure why people are getting carried away (again). 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I don't think any of the wingers we have signed/are signing are better than either kebano or bolasie (happy to be proved wrong by the dutch lad). We've basically replaced those two very good championship wingers with unknown quantities so I'm not sure why people are getting carried away (again). 

It's because they don't have a permanent downer on the team solely because they don't like the manager.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

We only had those two for 5 months to be fair, they weren't even ours to replace. They were a short term fix that due to injuries didn't even really have their desired effect

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

At least I never get carried away @Neverbefore 🤷‍♂️

Mr consistency, that’s me 😂

Just now, Will said:

It's because they don't have a permanent downer on the team solely because they don't like the manager.

And yet this place will go hysterical every time we lose like it did during the week whereas I was calm and measured in my response. There's nothing wrong with managing your expectations.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

We only had those two for 5 months to be fair, they weren't even ours to replace. They were a short term fix that due to injuries didn't even really have their desired effect

The point is that we had better options then and we still didn't do anything with them, so talk of our wide positions being sorted are premature imo, that's all I'm saying. But yet again I get jumped on immedaitely for being negative when I'm just being realistic. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

And yet this place will go hysterical every time we lose like it did during the week whereas I was calm and measured in my response. There's nothing wrong with managing your expectations.

Ah but that's only because you forgot the match was being played and went out for a Guiness or two😁

• Haha 3

If people are going to argue the correct way to react to a victory/defeat could you please use the phrases “Rose tinted, delusional or bed wetters “ like the footballing gods intended 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

If you consistently expect the worst at least you are never disappointed.

Being excited about new players with potential is all part of the fun. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, macapes said:

If you consistently expect the worst at least you are never disappointed.

Being excited about new players with potential is all part of the fun. 

Until half of them get crocked and spend 3 months injured😉

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""