• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

I would say over 100yds Bola or Jones will be quickest at the club. I did consider Tav n Dijksteel but don't think them two has quick as other 2 I mentioned

16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We signed Bolasie and Kebano at the end of January, at the halfway point of the season.

So I'd say it's a faulty comparison to compare that January squad to this squad in August.

Especially when we actually did far better in the first half of last season.

I'm not expecting it given how many bodies we've brought in already, but we could very possibly bring in attacking players this January too.

I mean yeah ok, but why can’t we compare the squad now to the one we had in January? Surely you compare the squad to the most recent one you had, no? 
Also, we did do better in the first half of the season, but that wasn’t down to the attack. It was our defence. We were good defensively then nearer the end of the season it just went to absolute crap. The attack was pretty non existent all season. 

14 minutes ago, newyddion said:

When Warnock walks up to Muniz when Fulham visit the Riverside in February..8BDF4594-BBBF-45D2-B731-626C12782F09.jpeg.1839f3b18b96288b1452758cdb117c47.jpeg

Fulham and WBA are taking the top 2 spots. Everybody else is scrambling for the 3rd. One of the most disappointing things from the past week is that we are only 3 games in and this looks inevitable. 

11 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I mean yeah ok, but why can’t we compare the squad now to the one we had in January? Surely you compare the squad to the most recent one you had, no? 
Also, we did do better in the first half of the season, but that wasn’t down to the attack. It was our defence. We were good defensively then nearer the end of the season it just went to absolute crap. The attack was pretty non existent all season. 

It was definitely down to the defence being broken up that we fell away, yeah, we started to concede for fun with daft goals.

But we also scored more goals in the first half of the season before we signed Kebano or Bolasie.

We scored 28 goals in the first 23 games.

We scored 27 in the second 23 games.

Bolasie and Kebano were only here for the final 20 games, so it was actually 30 in 26 before them and 25 in 20 with them.

Very similar goal returns, which would make it seem like not having them isn't that huge a blow.

Especially considering Bolasie played almost every game as a striker of sorts.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It was definitely down to the defence being broken up that we fell away, yeah, we started to concede for fun with daft goals.

But we also scored more goals in the first half of the season before we signed Kebano or Bolasie.

We scored 28 goals in the first 23 games.

We scored 27 in the second 23 games.

Bolasie and Kebano were only here for the final 20 games, so it was actually 30 in 26 before them and 25 in 20 with them.

Very similar goal returns, which would make it seem like not having them isn't that huge a blow.

Especially considering Bolasie played almost every game as a striker of sorts.

Thanks for stats mate, they kind of back up what I’m saying in a way though. We all agree our attack wasn’t good enough all last year (your stats back that up). Bolasie and Kebano as you say, were defiantly not world beaters by any stretch (again your stats back that up). My point is that the players we’ve signed could easily be worse then the two mentioned, at the same time they could turn out very shrewd signings. I think I mentioned a few posts ago that I would have loved to get in a championship proven winger. Someone like Jed Wallace who guarantees goals/assists every year, and would be someone you have in your 11 week in, week out. Obviously he’s be expensive but we’ve seen already that we are willing to spend this summer (Muniz, Sporar, Payero, Wilson). I think I’d have rather spent this money on the type of winger mentioned rather then striker. All just my opinion though.

2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Finally, thank the lord. Hope he flops 

Luckily Sporar is 10x the player Muniz was, is and ever will be and will eclipse everything Muniz achieves in football 

26 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Fulham and WBA are taking the top 2 spots. Everybody else is scrambling for the 3rd. One of the most disappointing things from the past week is that we are only 3 games in and this looks inevitable. 

Championship is in danger of becoming as boring as the Premier League. 

Would anyone honestly be surprised if Norwich finish 20th then win the Championship in 22/23?

Then Fulham or WBA will be back to win it the year after. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Would anyone honestly be surprised if Norwich finish 20th then win the Championship in 22/23?

I honestly don't think Fulham will finish top 2. Marco Silva teams have a trademark mental fragility that we've already seen twice this year. They pumped Huddersfield, sure, but nearly threw it away against Millwall last time out, and the same against us. Teams that put them under pressure, especially late on, will get joy.

8 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

It's only the 3rd game of the season, there is absolutely no guarantee that they'll be there at the end of it.

Reading were 7 points clear of 3rd and 8 points clear of 7th after 8 games last season, they didn't even finish in the play-offs.

This league is riddled with teams who were relegated and failed to bounce straight back up too.

Bournemouth, Cardiff, Swansea, Stoke, Huddersfield, ourselves.

Sunderland are in an even lower league now.

That's just in the last 5 years too.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""