• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's only the 3rd game of the season, there is absolutely no guarantee that they'll be there at the end of it.

Reading were 7 points clear of 3rd and 8 points clear of 7th after 8 games last season, they didn't even finish in the play-offs.

This league is riddled with teams who were relegated and failed to bounce straight back up too.

Bournemouth, Cardiff, Swansea, Stoke, Huddersfield, ourselves.

Sunderland are in an even lower league now.

That's just in the last 5 years too.

I’m not basing it on their current position, only on what I’ve watched so far. The pandemic has widened the gap between the Prem and The Champo in a big way. Time will tell but they both look light years ahead of anybody else 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

If we can finalise the young Dutch lad Burger Van,the fella from Portugal  and another left wing back I can't see why we won't be up there this season competing. I feel the club has bought clever rather than splashing the cash on known players and player with nothing to prove. Its early days but I think Crooks and Big Uche look the real deal, hopefully some of these new signing come good and the youngsters keep impressing and get the injured players back. I'm not just optimistic about this season but for the next couple of years, Warnock seems to be doing what Pulis was brought in to do, change mentality at the club and get players who will have a sell on fee in the future.

• Like 1

All these new faces are reason for optimism, misplaced or otherwise but it will all be in vain if Warnock refuses to see that his man marking defence strategy has been disastrous and that his midfield is ineffective.

If you can't keep clean sheets in this league you are going nowhere.

• Like 2

Haven't caught up in this thread today but happy to see the lad Olusanya in, he seems a bright kid and watching his interview, I have high hopes for the lad. I hope he has a right crack at it and is a success here. There's no doubt he's very talented but being realistic this is a massive step up and it is going to take some time for him to get in the side, as long as he does well on the training pitch and the punt pays off .. NW is surely the best guy for him to be working with to give him the best chance of success. 

Still needing more bodies in, though and hope the rest we are looking at work out and sign. Not sure how far Sporar is in terms of deal done?? 

What worries me is we've let in five in our first three games of the season. Not sure if it was just a freak game on Wednesday, but I hope we tighten things up sharpish. It's vital we beat Derby tomorrow IMO .. this league takes off so fast and we don't want to be lagging behind the top six after our first ten games. 

Derby are an awful side in dire straits currently and it would really irk me to see us be beaten there tomorrow. 

Hope we thrash them but I have an awful feel about it 🤔  ... hopefully once we've got all the signings in, we can get back to keeping more clean sheets! I'm still worried about the GK situation though ... sorry, but just have a bad feeling about Lumley .. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

did no one ask NW about the left sided player he expected before the end of the week?

Might be saved for the papers tomorrow, maybe?

They asked him about Sporar in the press conference, but they've not uploaded that segment to the club website and left it for the press to cover.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Might be saved for the papers tomorrow, maybe?

They asked him about Sporar in the press conference, but they've not uploaded that segment to the club website and left it for the press to cover.

my random guess is that it was Hoillet, and that he had a late change of mind

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""