• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

He got 7 assists last season and 2 goals

His deliveries were fantastic last season.

They've been very poor so far this season, but it's not like he's consistently terrible at it.

• Like 2

Why are people even wanting Hall dropped? He’s been perfectly fine for us nearly every game he’s played. He gave away one free kick the other day but Jesus, what defender doesn’t? Him and Fry are fine, and so are Dijksteel and Bola. We just need to stop doing this man marking *** as it just confuses our players and leaves huge gaps along the defensive line. 
Also I don’t think McNair should be in the starting 11 that being in midfield or defence, however, he’s the type of player we need on the bench if we want to make the playoffs. Just because he isn’t making the first 11 doesn’t mean we should be selling him. He’s versatile and isn’t actually that bad. He ‘does a job’, and is more then good enough to be back up in several positions. Just my opinion. 

• Like 7
20 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

if he stays in the team, he doesn't want to be a centre back as he is too weak in the air..  defensive midfielder or sweeper where his pace and tackling strength can be relied on is a possibility but he needs to work on his tracking as it was very noticeable that he was losing his man regularly against QPR  

Who are you talking about as it does not sound like McNair. Pace and tackling. Only thing he does is fall over.

I see Paddy has become todays target for an exit amongst some of our fans.

Hopefully we dont lose tomorrow as the whole team will be getting told to head for the exit door this time tomorrow. 

Edited by TLF10
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, xathras said:

McNair and bad free kicks. What season were you watching last year.

There is a reason he has the nickname Paddy De Bruyne

Because Maddo won't shut up about it and the rest of us say it ironically? 😂

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

We just need to stop doing this man marking *** as it just confuses our players and leaves huge gaps along the defensive line. 

I think this is the route of a lot of our issues. Our players either don’t understand how to play it or are playing a really poor version of it.

watching them and it’s clear they have no idea about passing on players or they are under super strict instructions to follow everywhere.

it leaves gaps all across the field this alone is bad but when you add to this that we don’t give a good shield from midfield it’s a receipt for disaster.

We end up allowing the opposition to open us by with basic movement or by simply bypassing the midfield.

we really need one of the midfielders to do the Makelele, Kante or Busquets role. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, newyddion said:

THIS is the sort of thing that worries me..

£12m Deal Fry                - Kean Bryan - Free
£10m Paddy McNair       - Jake Bidwell £400k
£8m Marc Bola               - Ciaron Brown £100k
£15m Marcus Tavernier  - Mitchell van Bergen £1.7m
£7m Duncan Watmore   - Andraz Sporar £1.2m+
£3m Chubba Akpom      - Toyosi Olusanya  - Free

Leaving us with something like..

Lumley/Daniels

Dijksteel/Peltier
Hall/Bamba
Bryan/Wood
Brown/Hume

Payero/Malley
Crookes/Morsy
Bidwell/Howson

Van Bergen/Spence
Ikpeazu/Sporar
Jones/Olusanya

no so much of a worry

Do you know what I mean? Anyone else getting a feeling that all this might be to good to be true?

image.png.b06a77e4975e631d1553247efe4712e3.png

Nope 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JonnyMFC said:

He made some terrible mistakes last season when defending!

This might not be a popular but i think its time to move McNair on!

He was part of a very poor Sundeerland when they were relegated, hes not a very good defender and hes not a good midfielder........Whilst this might no be something that I expect everyone to agree with, I say take what we can for him while he still holds some value.

Yeah, tbh. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if we didn’t have McNair. He is kinda jack of all trades, master of none. I actually think his best position is further forward, but again, we could find better. Especially if we got a decent transfer fee for him, which I would call anywhere near 3m. He will be one of the bigger earners also. I just don’t see where he fits, other than a utility player. I imagine he’s one of our bigger earners, so it wouldn’t be the end of my world, if he were to leave

• Like 1
1 hour ago, newyddion said:

THIS is the sort of thing that worries me..

£12m Deal Fry                - Kean Bryan - Free
£10m Paddy McNair       - Jake Bidwell £400k
£8m Marc Bola               - Ciaron Brown £100k
£15m Marcus Tavernier  - Mitchell van Bergen £1.7m
£7m Duncan Watmore   - Andraz Sporar £1.2m+
£3m Chubba Akpom      - Toyosi Olusanya  - Free

Leaving us with something like..

Lumley/Daniels

Dijksteel/Peltier
Hall/Bamba
Bryan/Wood
Brown/Hume

Payero/Malley
Crookes/Morsy
Bidwell/Howson

Van Bergen/Spence
Ikpeazu/Sporar
Jones/Olusanya

no so much of a worry

Do you know what I mean? Anyone else getting a feeling that all this might be to good to be true?

image.png.b06a77e4975e631d1553247efe4712e3.png

Er, worried? If we sold those players for the figures you quote and bought those players for the figures you quote, I would be positively creaming my pants. 10m for McNair. 8 for bola. 7 for Whatmore. We’re even getting 3m for Akpom, who we can’t even give away. Then we’re paying 1.2m for sporar,  I’m not surprised this all worries you. You’ve clearly lost it 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, El1986 said:

Er, worried? If we sold those players for the figures you quote and bought those players for the figures you quote, I would be positively creaming my pants. 10m for McNair. 8 for bola. 7 for Whatmore. We’re even getting 3m for Akpom, who we can’t even give away. Then we’re paying 1.2m for sporar,  I’m not surprised this all worries you. You’ve clearly lost it 😁

We could basically sell McNair and bola and buy eze, at those prices 😁

8 minutes ago, velocitractor said:

Nathan Wood to Hearts? Must have cover coming in soon if so.

IMG-20210820-WA0015.jpg

Or he wants to move McNair back into defence? Fry McNair Hall Bamba, leaving Wood to go out on loan 

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""