• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

The more I think about it, the more I hope this left sided player is Kean Bryan.

Left footed CB who can also play at LB. Play him alongside Fry (and McNair if playing a back 3) and we don't have to put our best CB on his weakest side. In terms of team balance, a signing like Bryan makes a much bigger difference than a Bidwell or Hume. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DevKWat said:

That’s the best compilation I’ve seen of Van Bergen, scores against Ajax Home and Away

Liking the look of this guy, are we close to doing the deal?? I've not been reading updates much or anything past 24 hours 🤣

He looks like a great player though and getting him through the door with likes of Sporar and one or two more, I will start to feel better about our chances this season challenging to get into the top six. Looking at the teams in the league this year though it really is going to be difficult (when isn't it), an understatement! But if the right players come in and once everyone is settled, who knows what can happen. Love the enthusiasm of the kid Olusanya who has just come in and wish him all the best. Would be delighted if he gets into the first team and impresses, really get the impression just watching him speak about being here, etc that he is going to give it a right go, and who better to spur the lad on than NW .. It could work out. He's clearly got a lot of talent and was wasted playing at the level he has been at most recently.

What concerns me though, is we've let in five goals already in three games. I thought we were tough in defence? The likes of McNair and Howson are becoming a concern. Wednesday's result really irked me, don't feel like I'm flapping too soon. The goalkeeping position I am still concerned about, also. Can't get it out my head that the guy we have signed as no.2 is going to get a chance eventually and oust Lumley. Not sure what it is. Something of a Jason Steele about Lumley and I don't trust him as no.1 currently, sadly. Obviously I hope I'm wrong and he goes on to do well. I just don't feel he will. 

Vital we get three points vs Derby today and hopefully a clean sheet too. I know it's a lot to ask for an away game, but Derby are awful. Three points and a clean sheet today please if we're serious about challenging for a top six position this season. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DevKWat said:

That’s the best compilation I’ve seen of Van Bergen, scores against Ajax Home and Away

Good turn of speed and although right footed isn't afraid to use his left so a defenders nightmare. If he can deliver consistently him on the right and Jones on the left at their best would have most defences dropping deep to try and avoid being skinned for pace and cut open.

9 hours ago, newyddion said:

THIS is the sort of thing that worries me..

£12m Deal Fry                - Kean Bryan - Free
£10m Paddy McNair       - Jake Bidwell £400k
£8m Marc Bola               - Ciaron Brown £100k
£15m Marcus Tavernier  - Mitchell van Bergen £1.7m
£7m Duncan Watmore   - Andraz Sporar £1.2m+
£3m Chubba Akpom      - Toyosi Olusanya  - Free

Leaving us with something like..

Lumley/Daniels

Dijksteel/Peltier
Hall/Bamba
Bryan/Wood
Brown/Hume

Payero/Malley
Crookes/Morsy
Bidwell/Howson

Van Bergen/Spence
Ikpeazu/Sporar
Jones/Olusanya

no so much of a worry

Do you know what I mean? Anyone else getting a feeling that all this might be to good to be true?

image.png.b06a77e4975e631d1553247efe4712e3.png

🤔

This M Van Bergen does everything I hoped Spence would do, he hits the ball passed the defender and beats him for pace and then gets the cross in. Instead of this jinxing and cutting inside or trying to trick the defender. Can't be too critical of spence so far this season as he's played fairly well overall. But that part of his game frustrates me. He's got the pace to beat a player but seems to prefer to dribble the ball into the box than trying to get a cross in. 

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""