oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

12 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I would’ve accepted that immediately, have to hope it works and they come in with an improved offer..

Maybe it was 100k now and 1.9 mil when he’s scored 5 goals😬

• Haha 3
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I wouldn't let him go for less than €3m

You’d expect to make a profit? I think we’d be lucky to get him off the books for what we still owe. Depending on how it’s structured 2 million is decent for someone we publicly don’t want and is really dire. If the 2 million is guaranteed payment I think we’d accept but I reckon it’s heavily incentivized which we don’t want to risk. If it’s true they’ve agreed personal terms I think we’ll get the deal done. 

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

You’d expect to make a profit? I think we’d be lucky to get him off the books for what we still owe. Depending on how it’s structured 2 million is decent for someone we publicly don’t want and is really dire. If the 2 million is guaranteed payment I think we’d accept but I reckon it’s heavily incentivized which we don’t want to risk. If it’s true they’ve agreed personal terms I think we’ll get the deal done. 

€3m isn't us making a profit.

https://ghanasoccernet.com/chelsea-defender-baba-rahman-to-decide-between-ligue-1-and-the-championship-next-week

Sketchy sourcing but they claim if Reims and Chelsea can not agree a permanent deal for Baba Rahman then the defender will have to decide between Boro and Reading who have offered to take him on loan.

I'm pretty confident the article is way off on his wages because 1) Reims are not paying him anywhere near £50k a week and 2) Boro and Reading definitely aren't covering that amount in our loan offers either.

Edited by Jamie-H
9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I wouldn't let him go for less than €3m

I mean, that's only an extra £500k. I don't think that's worth it to be honest. £2m is an insane offer considering our position, depending on how it's all paid and that.

• Like 1

When I first read the translation of the Akpom article yesterday I did get the impression that they are seriously interested in him, the article talks about the Galatasary president himself handling negotiations with us and says Fatih Terim has spoken to Akpom because he really wants him as one of his forward options.

But the article didn't go much further than a 2 million euro offer being rejected so it's a little murky if they have moved on from Akpom or if they are still in negotiations.

The Rahman article says we would pay him 50k a week and promise him regular game time. Can’t see it at all, with Bola here already and other clubs showing interest why would he come to sit on the bench 

6 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

When I first read the translation of the Akpom article yesterday I did get the impression that they are seriously interested in him, the article talks about the Galatasary president himself handling negotiations with us and says Fatih Terim has spoken to Akpom because he really wants him as one of his forward options.

But the article didn't go much further than a 2 million euro offer being rejected so it's a little murky if they have moved on from Akpom or if they are still in negotiations.

It has seemed like we have wanted him out the door all summer. I would think that if we rejected the offer then we are confident then they will improve the offer. I hope so anyway

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, newyddion said:

We nearly brought him in on loan last season didn’t we?

Aye last October it was reported in nationals, Gazette and the Echo.

I can't imagine we're targeting Rahman/Bidwell as backups to be honest, Warnock must have other plans for Bola?

48 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I would’ve accepted that immediately, have to hope it works and they come in with an improved offer..

I agree, Akpom must be fantastic in training, I'd have snapped their hands off, he's been a bloody awful signing offers the team absolutely nothing.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""