• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Sorry my tablet seems to be acting up re my previous post. What I was trying to say was that the club seems to be going in two different directions at the same time, which is never good and will derail this season. Never have we needed a DOF more than now

I'm not gonna hold it against Mr T because he's got a massive opportunity. But the problem is he was signed by Warnock so will be favoured by Warnock like Ikpeazu and Crooks are. While players the club sign like Van Bergen, Payero etc will find it harder and suffer more harsh treatment. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm not gonna hold it against Mr T because he's got a massive opportunity. But the problem is he was signed by Warnock so will be favoured by Warnock like Ikpeazu and Crooks are. While players the club sign like Van Bergen, Payero etc will find it harder and suffer more harsh treatment. 

Absolutely spot on.  I like the signing of Mr T - we lose nothing really and he has the potential to come in an surprise a few but to come in ahead of a 6 million pound rated Argentinian who is 'technically best at club' is a nonsense.  

If I was being kind id say it was Warnock taking pressure off Payero and he'd be in in a couple of games time but I'm not convinced at that!

9 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Just seen this point was made by @DevKWat - wasn't trying to steal it! But 100% agree with you

Feel free to steal my points 😂 I actually forgot I said it and was nodding along to your post thinking this lad knows his stuff 

• Haha 4

Warnock wants players that he can shout instructions to, say ‘ya with me’ and then they try to do it. One last season doing it the way he always has and with the same sort of players he’s always had. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing as it could get us promoted or at least on a more positive track going forward.  

However, we still need him to quickly integrate the (potentially 3) foreign speaking players otherwise they will hate being here, never live up to expectations and Boro would be worse off for it. Because I think Payero, Van Bergen and Sporar look like they could be very good additions. 

Comments like "If we are, it's nowt to do with me." don’t help build relationships with players or fans it just suggests fractions within the club. 

• Like 1

Warnock isn’t daft, he knows we’re going in a totally different direction next summer. Surely he can’t expect the club to sign 6/7 players he wants that go against the club on 3 year contracts that will be useless in 12 months time?

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Given van Bergen is Dutch, I'd be surprised if he wasn't fluent in English.

Warnock has already said that Sporar speaks very good English.

Will still take a few months to coach the football out of them 

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, newyddion said:

The direction of bringing in players to strengthen the squad, to give us more attacking options? Who on earth is writing off the season after FOUR games?

I agree we threw the QPR game away.. but that was a blip imo, an own goal and no attacking option to replace Ikpeazu.

We get the three points at QPR (which we were more than capable of doing and we would have been on 2ppg after four matches.

Lets see where we are at Xmas. A point away at Derby isn’t a bad result.

But if the players coming in to strengthen us are not the ones the manager wants then what is the point. Warnock is a stubborn old goat and he will not give them game time to prove his point. 

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I'm getting pretty tired of his brand of football and his attitude, for someone who apparently wants to have a go it's negative, excuse ridden garbage

There’s just no need for it either, maybe he knows it’s probably his last season in football and is frustrated he isn’t getting everything done his way 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""