• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Warnock has to go before this all becomes too toxic. Bring in someone who's happy to be directed by Kieran Scott, otherwise this season is going to be a complete write off. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, newyddion said:

Granted in not the win that we would have hoped for, but a draw away from home is a decent result. Calling for a new manager after 4 games is insane! The referees are shocking at this level, you highlight the issue or bury your head in the ground and hope it goes away. I like Warnock and think he’s done and continues to do a good job.

It’s not after 4 games. It’s his entire tenure. Nothing is going to change under him. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

If you’re Van Bergen why would you want to join the club after Warnock makes a comment like that.

To make more money and try yourself in England. 

38 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Chris Wilder would be my pick 

If Wilder is happy to work with Scott (Head of Football/DoF etc) he'd be my first choice too. I know he cited having to work under a new DoF at Sheffield as one of the reasons he wanted to leave. But the issue he could have had with that was someone coming in over his head, rather than coming to a club with that already in place.

Failing that Artell at Crewe and Ian Evatt at Bolton would be good picks (in my opinion) for the domestic up and coming manager route. And I'd still champion Hannes Wolf for the continental pick. Artell and Wolf have experience of working with and developing younger players, which for me should be high on our list of prerequisites, given our academy set-up.

7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I think someone like Howe alongside Scott would work well but Howe struggled to settle in north last time and probably still has PL ambitions.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/eddie-howe-burnley-bournemouth/

Maybe not too much of a long shot and maybe not too difficult for him to settle if the man himself is to believed. Whether we'd be an attractive job for him is another thing entirely and like you say I do think he'll have ambitions above our level. My question would be how easily Howe would be able to transition us from the more defensive and 'robust' way we've been playing for the best part of a decade to his style. I think that Wilder would be a smoother transition tbh unless we're planning on another big rebuild.

3 minutes ago, newyddion said:

All what becomes too toxic? an embarrassing minority of fans kicking off because we drew away from home in our 4th game of the season.. still with players coming in!

How is Kieran Scott hot sh*t all of a sudden?

He’s not even started working for the club yet has he? (which would be to support the manager anyway)

I'm not sure why you're burying your head in the sand and acting as if Warnock was not in charge for the entirety of last season.

Are we a better team now than we we were this exact time last season? Has the football improved? Do the players seem to have developed a better understanding? Are we exploiting set pieces?

This is not a "it's only been 4 games!" kneejerk. This is what happens when a fanbase is subjected to *** football for 5+ seasons, and is fed up with it. Warnock has had time and money to get us firing, and he isn't doing it.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Payero and don’t forget Stojanovich, he preferred his own mango him and we all know how that turned out

Mango is a superb fruit tbf, only topped by pineapple for me.

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""