oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Van Bergen Mitchell van Bergen did not want to speak to the press afterwards. SC Heerenveen has reached an agreement with Middlesbrough about a transfer, but the winger has yet to reach a personal agreement with the English. Despite this, he was still on the bench against RKC. Why? "Mitchell has played 99 games for Heerenveen, I would have loved to bring him in just before time. I would have given him that moment', says Jansen. "However, it was not possible," the trainer referred to the exciting final phase. Jansen assumes that Van Bergen played his last game for Heerenveen. "If he gets by with that club - and I expect that - then he's gone.

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/jansen-kritisch-op-sc-heerenveen-en-rekent-niet-meer-op-van-bergen

Seems like the Heerenveen manager's plan was to bring Van Bergen on late in the game to say goodbye and allow him to reach 100 appearances but it wasn't possible.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Jesus what an overreaction some of these posts are! Ok we weren’t very good today. And goals against QPR were sloppy but we actually played some of the best football I’ve seen us play for a while against QPR and was actually excited watching us play for once.

All the fans calling for Payero, do you know much or seen much of him other then YouTube and some minutes at the olympics? Just wondered why the uproar and why he’s seen as the messiah all of a sudden. Honest question. 

wait til the window shuts and our squad is final then give them a few weeks. Let’s wait ten games or so at least before we start loosing our s**t and saying the seasons over. Dear God!

Not the worst start we have had. It hasnt been pretty but theres so many games left

It seems that some people are getting carried away with essentially a whisper and a rumour.

someone reports that a manager is upset with a chairman buying someone - that then must mean Warnock won’t play anyone born outside England.

• Like 1

The usual overreactions on here. Delighted to see some new positive people on here for a change. Four games in, really positive signs of good players arriving in the next few days and some want the manager sacked 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

The usual overreactions on here. Delighted to see some new positive people on here for a change. Four games in, really positive signs of good players arriving in the next few days and some want the manager sacked 🤦‍♂️

That’s nothing to do with the manager, as he wants to make crystal clear 👀

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

That’s nothing to do with the manager, as he wants to make crystal clear 👀

He is old school. He is obviously tempering expectations. But let’s use it as another stick to beat him with. The hatred towards the man from some on here is OTT and embarrassing at times 

• Like 1

I still can’t believe that people don’t realise that what the managers (not just ours) say to the press and what is said behind the scenes are very likely to be chalk and cheese 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I don't hate Warnock, but surely you understand that, with the brand of football he plays, people will only tolerate it when the results are coming too? One win in 4 games isn't a great look, when we should have beat Derby and should have been able to beat a 10-man QPR team?

Add to that his unwillingness to play Payero and already admitting that he won't play other foreign signings either, despite them playing in positions where we desperately need bodies, and is it really surprising if people aren't fully in his corner at the minute? 

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don't hate Warnock, but surely you understand that, with the brand of football he plays, people will only tolerate it when the results are coming too? One win in 4 games isn't a great look, when we should have beat Derby and should have been able to beat a 10-man QPR team?

Add to that his unwillingness to play Payero and already admitting that he won't play other foreign signings either, despite them playing in positions where we desperately need bodies, and is it really surprising if people aren't fully in his corner at the minute? 

Which foreign signings has he said he won’t play? 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

So was the draw away to Fulham any good? Or the win against Bristol City?

Why only focus on the negatives? And is an away draw really a big negative?

• Thanks 1

It’s a culmination of things for me. I can tolerate him holding the fort; I just don’t see us making significant progress this season under him. Scott is coming in and Warnock is clearly throwing his toys out the pram already. What are we going to seriously gain keeping Warnock in the role until the end of the season? We have an outside shot at top 6. In my view we would do better to bring in a manager that’s going to carry out our/Scott’s long term plan. 

• Like 10
1 minute ago, Humpty said:

It’s a culmination of things for me. I can tolerate him holding the fort; I just don’t see us making significant progress this season under him. Scott is coming in and Warnock is clearly throwing his toys out the pram already. What are we going to seriously gain keeping Warnock in the role until the end of the season? We have an outside shot at top 6. In my view we would do better to bring in a manager that’s going to carry out our/Scott’s long term plan. 

If we got in the top 6, which you admit we have a chance of, then that is what we have to gain isn’t it? You answered your own question.

5 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I’ve said it all along. We’re just wasting a year with him. Just make the transition now and get on with it. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""