oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

I agree this is just a filler year, but I think getting rid of Warnock now would be dangerous. No gaurantee that some new guy gets these lot to even mid table.

Let Warnock keep us mid table and if he manages play offs then all the better. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

If we want to do things properly, we need to give Scott time to settle in, get a feel for the club and the direction he and Gibson want and a manager to take us forward. That could take a while. If the right man becomes available/clear mid season, maybe we’ll make a change but its more likely going to be int eh summer. We’ve been crying out for a DoF so we need to have the patience to let him do his job. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

I see it isn't just FMTTM that has bedwetters. I am shocked. I trust warnock and his signings. Check out Scarboroughs rise to the Football League in the late 80's. 

Quick sign us De Lorean then and be quick about it Marty!

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Blanco said:

So was the draw away to Fulham any good? Or the win against Bristol City?

Why only focus on the negatives? And is an away draw really a big negative?

Yes, they were both good results, which is why people weren't complaining after them. But the point I made was that people will complain about watching poor football when the results aren't there either. 

And I don't particularly think a draw against a patched up Derby side consisting of rejects and youth players is a good result, no. As Humpty alluded to, Warnock is here for one season, and presumably that's supposed to be a promotion push. And for me, playing for a point at a crisis club and losing at home to 10 men isn't promotion material. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, kentucky said:

Jimmy Floyd will be the next manager , probably next season .

I'd get behind that. Some mentioned Howe. I'd love it if we got him in with the new guy from Norwich overseeing things with the new signings due in too ,, though it's very unlikely I guess 🤣 I know many don't like Howe but I've always been a fan. I think he'd be suited to the job given the kind of vision we'll have going forward with the new scouting guy in place. 

Dunno what it is, but I've got an odd feeling about Payero. Did Warnock really want him?? Worries me if the lad Payero is going to become unhappy while Warnock's here and reluctant to play him when we're crying out for quality in obvious areas at moment. He has only just arrived though and young, I will keep hope Warnock will gradually bring him into the side and he improves and nails a place before too long, and it's all just nothing and folk are panicking after a few comments Warnock's made, like today re; the Dutch lad etc 

Must say that did worry me and make me start to wonder .. are things behind the scenes really going well?? Would love to know more if and when anyone gets any snippets. 

It's only been four games but really, a poor start. We should have beaten Derby today. They're awful and in a state. Glad we kept a clean sheet but tbh it's least I'd have expected today, was hoping for three points and a few goals. 

Going to be an interesting few days and end to the transfer window, things will become clearer in the coming days. 

Another poor result next game and the likes of Payero still waiting for his chance, people might start to wonder and get frustrated. We need more clarity on what is really the plan with the coming singings and are things with the backroom lot OK with Warnock and are they all working together on one goal?? 

Yet to see Payero with a smile on his face since he's been here. It's making me panic and have no idea why, just have funny feeling about what is going down. 

I hope Warnock's comments today are being taken too seriously and were nothing, no hint at the hierarchy or anything like that 🤣🤣

33 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

I see it isn't just FMTTM that has bedwetters. I am shocked. I trust warnock and his signings. Check out Scarboroughs rise to the Football League in the late 80's. 

I think the suggestion is that some of the players coming in are not Warnock's signings. So the question is a matter of trust. Does Warnock trust these signings and also the direction the club wishes to go in?

Whats killing my optimism is the horrible attacking football currently being played and the fact we're all waiting to make these 2 exciting signings in Sporar and MVB and our manager probably doesn't even want either, how many months will it take to get them upto speed?

Also what manager other than say Warnock, Pulis, Dyche, etc think it takes so long for a Sporting Lisbon striker to being able to play in the championship?

If by November time the results aren't there and our foreign signings aren't playing out of spite then get rid of him, would still be plenty of time for a playoff push

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, PsychFur said:

I think the suggestion is that some of the players coming in are not Warnock's signings. So the question is a matter of trust. Does Warnock trust these signings and also the direction the club wishes to go in?

I think not also begs the question: if Gibbo is going to continue to give managers presents is there any point in Scott?

I'd be giving Payero 20-25 minutes in games, he'd have been great to come on for the second half today too.

Only positives out of today is we finally kept a cleansheet and Tavernier back.

The performance and the result was really poor. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I think not also begs the question: if Gibbo is going to continue to give managers presents is there any point in Scott?

Guestimation again. Nobody outside the clubs knows the ins and outs of the current deals.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I'd be giving Payero 20-25 minutes in games, he'd have been great to come on for the second half today too.

Only positives out of today is we finally kept a cleansheet and Tavernier back.

The performance and the result was really poor. 

Tav was really poor today but he is only just starting his season. As my old teacher used to say "Must improve"

4 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

Tav was really poor today but he is only just starting his season. As my old teacher used to say "Must improve"

Yeah he didn’t look sharp. It’s a shame cause in pre-season he did. But he’s got one game in next three weeks so hopefully can get upto speed for after the break

8 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Was there any point in Victor Orta? was there any point in Adrian Bevington?

Orta came in with something of a good reputation and had gone on to show he is capable in the role.

In his time here heclearly showed the rift in the recruitment department and the confusion over roles. He was scapegoated for a lot of things beyond his remit when he left. 

There was zero point to Bevington coming in particular to a role he was inexperienced and unqualified to do.

I just don’t see Gibbo all of a sudden being hands off in the transfer market. I struggle to see with his history of buying Alves, Rhodes, Downing and possibly Payero how that squares with having a Head of Football.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

Guestimation again. Nobody outside the clubs knows the ins and outs of the current deals.

We don’t (or at least I don’t) but I think there are enough breadcrumbs in Warnocks press conferences to suggest Gibbo Clause is back in business.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""