oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

https://lionlegion.co.uk/products/were-doomed-unisex-t-shirt

just think some of you need to wear this. Come on people we're 4 games in and haven't even finished getting the squad together, show a little faith.  content://com.amazon.cloud9.FileProvider/images/screenshot/16296206233672006563580.jpg

image.png

Edited by estonpidge
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

We have a new recruitment set up and these players from overseas are being identified there - not by Gibson directly! Warnock is old school, probably not so keen on a recruitment team finding players (and the success of Akpom and others will only solidify his opinion), but this is the direction we’re moving in, with a DoF overseeing it all. The right move IMO. 

Pulis dismantled the back room - Gibson is putting it back together with Warnock clearly not a long term option but in post for a final shot at it and keeping the ship steady while we restructure. We are duel running like people on here have been saying for a while. It’s probably the only way to do it when we didn’t have the structures in place and needed Warnock in to save us from relegation. Maybe we’re a season behind where most of us wanted but this is the set up we’ve been crying out for. Its going to take another season to get all parts working together. 

Without Warnock we would have a new manager not identified by the DoF 

Without a new recruitment set up we would have players identified by the short term manager 

It’s a shame we couldn’t have put this in place last season for a shot at a new clean approach this year, but - in the words of the great Tony Mowbray - it is what it is! 
UTB 

• Like 7

Remembering when Akpom Signed....

Warnock's interview when we signed him.

“I’m delighted to finally have got him,” Warnock told the club’s website the boss.

“He’s been my number one choice. I’ve wanted him for a long time. I’d like to give a big thanks to Neil Bausor for getting it done.

“I told him what we were doing at the club, and right from day one, he wanted to come, and I’m delighted.”

Warnock at Fans forum in November 2020 

"We tried to get him and this went on for about five or six weeks, Neil (Bausor) spoke to about 15 different agents that are involved with him.

"After a couple of weeks, I said I need to speak to the player. I got his number and spoke with him, and as soon as I spoke to him, I thought you will do for me. I said to him, you will come and enjoy it here, speaking the language, a manager like me to play for, you can't fail.

"We had a good chat. He was playing in the Champions League and he kept scoring and they kept winning, I was surprised when we got him."

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Duvel said:

The other thing with the Norwich model is would people be happy with promotion one year then getting pummelled every week in the Premier league? 

I know the aim is to stay up but if things weren't going well halfway through a struggling Premier league season would we hold our nerve as fans and see the big picture, or would we be calling for Allardyce to save use? More importantly will Steve Gibson be able to stick to a longterm project?  

Absolutely.

Scott admitted his recruitment (or lack of it) in Norwich's previous PL season meant they were completely unprepared, but the foundations were in place for them to walk the Championship last season and go straight back up.

As they say, sometimes you have to take a step back, in order to move forward. Provided there was a sound plan in place that mean the club didn't need to have a fire sale and was well positioned to bounce straight back.

Nobody's perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. But in Norwich's case, enough good work had been done previously that they were in good shape to go again.

I'd certainly prefer it to the Boro model, which seems to consist of one season of mad splurging, followed by years of cutbacks, selling our better players and replacing them with inferior ones, until the books are balanced.

Of course, it would require Gibson to be on board and I hope he does see the light.

If memory serves, back in the late 80s - early 90s, prior to Robson's arrival, Boro spent a few seasons as a yo-yo club, going back and forth between the old First and Second Divisions. I think that could be called progress from where we are now.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Really highlights how stupid Warnock's comments were yesterday.  If we are wanting a loan fee/to recover his wages/to get a decent price for a sale Warnock should be using the narrative....

he was bit off colour last season - found the change back to England more of a step up - he's playing in a more competitive environment - he'd had a young baby which wasn't easy at the time - but what Im seeing in training is he isn't far away - he's just got over COVID so can't expect too much in next couple. of games as he gets fitness but he has the potential to be an important player for us.....

Instead - he played rubbish midweek - if he doesn't leave he won't play

Surely potential suitors will now see our desperation to get rid and bid lower!!

• Like 3

Further rant...

Warnock called out Akpom and Payero against QPR both who came on as subs.  Akpom had trained once (I'm not saying he played well or that I think he's good enough for us) Payero cameo on with 5 minutes to go.  Yet he didn't mention a word about Howson who was terrible until later in the week when he says how wonderful he is around the place and how you need players like Howson and Bamba etc.  Really poor.  I personally don't believe Akpom is good enough but there's no need for the way Warnock has treated him.  No wonder Wing and Coulson begged to leave as he said.

His constant berating of officials too is getting a bit embarrassing as well in my opinion.  

I'm massively proud of our club - on and off the field.  The work we do in the community is exceptional.  The support for food banks and disability work is fantastic.  We have had excellent role models from players.  

To be fair to Warnock Crooks, Bamba, Ikpeazu I think are all excellent role models too but then he behaves like a clown in a circus at times.  He's the British Mourninho.  Sorry but he's becoming classless in my humble opinion. 

• Like 8
36 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Absolutely.

Scott admitted his recruitment (or lack of it) in Norwich's previous PL season meant they were completely unprepared, but the foundations were in place for them to walk the Championship last season and go straight back up.

As they say, sometimes you have to take a step back, in order to move forward. Provided there was a sound plan in place that mean the club didn't need to have a fire sale and was well positioned to bounce straight back.

Nobody's perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. But in Norwich's case, enough good work had been done previously that they were in good shape to go again.

I'd certainly prefer it to the Boro model, which seems to consist of one season of mad splurging, followed by years of cutbacks, selling our better players and replacing them with inferior ones, until the books are balanced.

Of course, it would require Gibson to be on board and I hope he does see the light.

If memory serves, back in the late 80s - early 90s, prior to Robson's arrival, Boro spent a few seasons as a yo-yo club, going back and forth between the old First and Second Divisions. I think that could be called progress from where we are now.

Definitely

2 hours ago, BegSteeleOrBoro said:

Is this not exactly the problem we were complaining about a year or so ago? New manager comes in with a different style and we have to turn over the whole squad because it’s not “their team”. We flounder for a few years and then get a new manager in.

I much prefer the Norwich/Brentford model - DoF controls the signings, decides on a team identity and hire a manager that can work within it. If we are going to play with fast wingers, solid strikers and a defensive midfield then Warnock fits. Importantly the DoF strategy means that the next manager (or a list of candidates) should already have been identified - and the players we sign should already fit their tactics.

Yea I know what your saying but what I mean is then don’t bring in a manager like Warnock who’s job it is to build his squad he can mould for a promotion push. If you want someone who can work with the players being signed by DOF or recruitment then Warnock isn’t the man. So don’t do it that way while Warnocks there if it’s a short term option to get promotion then let him work how he works best. Or else what’s the point in having him? See what I mean?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, boksicdink said:

He must be going soon. I can’t remember us ever having a manager who has disrespected a player so much in public as Warnock has with Akpom, it’s quite shocking in this day and age of talking in cliches and not giving anything away…having said that he is garbage 

He is garbage though

49 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

In relation to Jake Bidwell, with Swansea apparently still trying to bring in Lowe to replace him.

Not a surprise given how much they're asking for him.

More than likely just Nixon doubling down on his bs. We're not paying 2-2.5 for LB cover, Swansea's manager is starting him and hasn't had contact about him, another non-starter from Scottish Graeme Bailey.

I am going to look like (more of) a massive *** tit when he inevitably signs.

9 minutes ago, notjade said:

He is garbage though

He is But at least he’s not coming out in public with the same kind of disrespectful comments about Warnock. Both are under contract at boro yet the only one behaving like a massive doyle is Warnock. I have no idea why the journalists aren’t asking him why he made those comments when Akpom signed. It would be an intersting and very valid question. 

• Like 1

PAOK: Tsouba Akpom said yes and is immediately expected to be the footballer who will come to fill the gap in PAOK's attack created after the injury of Nelson Oliveira who will be out of action for the next six months. The Biceps of the North proceeded rapidly to the negotiations with Middlesbrough after the positive response of the English striker and out of shocking unexpectedness, he will become a player of the Biceps again, greatly strengthening his strike line.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""