oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

He is But at least he’s not coming out in public with the same kind of disrespectful comments about Warnock. Both are under contract at boro yet the only one behaving like a massive doyle is Warnock. I have no idea why the journalists aren’t asking him why he made those comments when Akpom signed. It would be an intersting and very valid question. 

Maybe he wasn't making those comments when he signed because he looked promising and Warnock wanted him? Then over the course of a year (outside of his first couple of games) Akpom did absolutely nowt.

I agree its a bit harsh to be blasting him in the media but he's just saying what we're all thinking

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, notjade said:

Maybe he wasn't making those comments when he signed because he looked promising and Warnock wanted him? Then over the course of a year (outside of his first couple of games) Akpom did absolutely nowt.

I agree its a bit harsh to be blasting him in the media but he's just saying what we're all thinking

No, he blatantly lied. He told us first of all that he his number 1 choice, that he'd been following him for a long time. Then 6 months later he said hed never seen him play and it was the recruitment team who signed him. 

Call it spin, call it trying to give him confidence in the first instance but I call it cowardly washing of his hands of the situation and a man who is willing to take credit when it's there but it's never his fault if things go wrong. And fans buy into it, it's ridiculous.

Imagine thinking that the same man who has been destroying akpom in public for months now is media savvy enough to use it to try to give him confidence in the first place - no, he was purely trying to take complete credit for a signing, knowing he could just throw someone else under the bus later. The man is a con man who only cares about himself, just like pulis before him. 

• Like 3

I'm not convinced that Akpom is as bad as he is actually being made out to be. I think we signed an identical type of player to Britt who was equally useless in the tactics employed by Warnock. Why we signed him I have no idea as it seems strange as he certainly isn't a typical Warnock type of player. It's no surprise he hasn't set the Riverside alight.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

No, he blatantly lied. He told us first of all that he his number 1 choice, that he'd been following him for a long time. Then 6 months later he said hed never seen him play and it was the recruitment team who signed him. 

Call it spin, call it trying to give him confidence in the first instance but I call it cowardly washing of his hands of the situation and a man who is willing to take credit when it's there but it's never his fault if things go wrong. And fans buy into it, it's ridiculous.

Imagine thinking that the same man who has been destroying akpom in public for months now is media savvy enough to use it to try to give him confidence in the first place - no, he was purely trying to take complete credit for a signing, knowing he could just throw someone else under the bus later. The man is a con man who only cares about himself, just like pulis before him. 

This right here is my biggest gripe with Warnock. His inability to admit fault is pathetic and cowardly. He’s like a *** politician. It is such an ugly trait. 

• Like 3

When he was signed he admitted he had not been scouted properly due to the pandemic. He spoke well of him because Warnock was trying to integrate him quickly in the squad, attempting to  boost his confidence and frankly, he knew his other forwards were not up to doing what he wanted. With all managers you have to read between the lines rather than assuming everything that is said is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. It is rarely personal.

1 minute ago, DocMartin said:

When he was signed he admitted he had not been scouted properly due to the pandemic. He spoke well of him because Warnock was trying to integrate him quickly in the squad, attempting to  boost his confidence and frankly, he knew his other forwards were not up to doing what he wanted. With all managers you have to read between the lines rather than assuming everything that is said is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. It is rarely personal.

On Akpom's arrival, the Boro boss said: "I'm delighted to finally have got him.

"He's been my number one choice. I've wanted him for a long time. I'd like to give a big thanks to Neil Bausor for getting it done."

Where in that does it sound like he wasn't properly scouted? He only came out with that rubbish when he flopped. Come on man, don't just believe the man blindly whatever he says, he's clearly always got an agenda. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

That is all very likely true but you don't devalue assets publicly in any business. If you are selling a car you don't point out the bald tyres and the blown head gasket. That behaviour is tantamount to a sacking offence in any other walk of life.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

"He's been my number one choice. I've wanted him for a long time. I'd like to give a big thanks to Neil Bausor for getting it done."

Where in that does it sound like he wasn't properly scouted? He only came out with that rubbish when he flopped. Come on man, don't just believe the man blindly whatever he says, he's clearly always got an agenda. 

There's a significant portion of Boro fans who will 100% back Warnock no matter what because he does entertaining press conferences and he's "old school". If ever there was a manager to chime with our fanbase, it's unfortunately Warnock.

The idea of wanting better than *** hoofball, shouting at the ref for 90 minutes, endless excuses for poor performances (remember the Stoke changies?), not throwing players under the bus, or being open minded enough to look for players who aren't journeymen Championship plodders - that's just kneejerk! How dare you question Mr Warnock?

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Well he wasn’t properly scouted was he? Nobody saw him play in the flesh it was based on internet studies, a gamble. When any new player (employee in the real world starts a job) as a manager you want to integrate them, make them feel wanted to get the best out of them. You talk their qualities up. 

It was clear to you, me everyone that Kiefer Moore was his first choice, the player he wanted. We could not get anyone from the UK, we were desperately short up front, a chance was taken, a gamble. Would you really expect him to admit that straight away and make the player feel unwanted? Of course not. Some fans were against Warnock because of a supposed past reputation built up by opposition fans. I have no idea if you were for or against his appointment, but I know he turned a relegation season around and stabilised us as a club. I am grateful for that. We have a new era starting next year, he is an experienced caretaker till the new regime is in place. I suggest you see it for how it is and chill out this season and not be over expecting. There are so many players that have been brought in, we will improve as the season wears on. The squad is not yet complete. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Well he wasn’t properly scouted was he? Nobody saw him play in the flesh it was based on internet studies, a gamble. When any new player (employee in the real world starts a job) as a manager you want to integrate them, make them feel wanted to get the best out of them. You talk their qualities up. 

It was clear to you, me everyone that Kiefer Moore was his first choice, the player he wanted. We could not get anyone from the UK, we were desperately short up front, a chance was taken, a gamble. Would you really expect him to admit that straight away and make the player feel unwanted? Of course not. Some fans were against Warnock because of a supposed past reputation built up by opposition fans. I have no idea if you were for or against his appointment, but I know he turned a relegation season around and stabilised us as a club. I am grateful for that. We have a new era starting next year, he is an experienced caretaker till the new regime is in place. I suggest you see it for how it is and chill out this season and not be over expecting. There are so many players that have been brought in, we will improve as the season wears on. The squad is not yet complete. 

Mate you're just making excuses for him lying. Why do you believe anything he says if you acknowledge that he wasn't telling the truth then? His conferences are pointless, they're either lies, half truths, rants about referees or rants about foreigners. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

That is all very likely true but you don't devalue assets publicly in any business. If you are selling a car you don't point out the bald tyres and the blown head gasket. That behaviour is tantamount to a sacking offence in any other walk of life.

I agree you don’t in that context.

We really do not know the context with Akpomb. Is it possible a deal is in place from somewhere but Akpomb is unsure about the club? Maybe his family aren’t keen on wherever it is, Turkey, Greece, could be another country where no link has been given, we simply don’t know for sure. I genuinely wondered if he was doing what Pulis did to Bamford to help him make his mind up by telling him he would not play for Boro. I seriously doubt it was in the context assumed as that would be naive and self defeating and my gut instinct tells me Warnock is far from that as a manager. The next week will be telling.

Just now, nunthorpered said:

Chuba isn't ***, as usual the club can't get the best out these players. 

He's a striker that doesn't score goals. That's pretty bad tbh.

Didn't score goals in Greece and hasn't really scored goals anywhere he's been.

Bottom end Champ is probably his level, maybe top end League 1.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

He's a striker that doesn't score goals. That's pretty bad tbh.

Didn't score goals in Greece and hasn't really scored goals anywhere he's been.

Bottom end Champ is probably his level, maybe top end League 1.

We have not had a striker score goals for us since Bamford.

Have they ALL been bad players?

Or have we just had 3 managers in a row who didn't have a scooby doo how to set up a team to attack teams and score goals?

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

There's a significant portion of Boro fans who will 100% back Warnock no matter what because he does entertaining press conferences and he's "old school". If ever there was a manager to chime with our fanbase, it's unfortunately Warnock.

I'm actually not a huge fan of Warnock's in the grand scheme of things but to say people will back him 100% is absolutely mental, just because we refuse to have a breakdown after 4 games and the window not even being shut yet.

Honestly there's some right melts on here, its embarrassing. Let's see how the rest of the window goes, see how Warnock is performing and if he's *** we'll sack him and get someone else as we always do

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""