oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

8 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Well yes, why not, Warnock knew then he was not up to it. You could look at it as a positive for the player, being honest with him that he had no future at Boro and advising him to look for another club, is another way of spinning it. Forward planning is far better than last minute spur of the moment decision making, well it is in my eyes. In order to buy the club needed to free up wages and recover some funds. Why keep an asset you wont be using? You do what you can, football is a murky world as fans we do not see or hear about most of it, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t go on. Players and their agents are just as selfish as managers and clubs.

I've never once indicated we should keep Akpom so I don't know why that's what your response is here. The point I'm making is he says what makes him look better, not that we should in any way be trying to keep Akpom.

When Akpom first comes in, he's all happiness, smiles, great player captured for the Boro. Before the season is out, he wants nothing to do with him and wants to make sure people know not only that he acknowledges he is crap but that he isn't even responsible for finding him. Do you think Warnock comes out if Akpom scores 20 goals and says actually he never got a good look at him and he was mostly someone put forward by the scouts/recruitment team? After what he said about him when he first brought him in, no bloody chance.

Even at the stage of his career where nobody can mention his name without shoving 'record number of promotions' down your bloody throat, he's trying to protect his own reputation.

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Your anti-Warnock bias has always been there (ever since you called him out for being pro-Brexit and that was a reason you gave for wanting him to be the manager).

By all means come after him when we’ve lost a load of games or whatever but not when we are still in August…and we’ve only lost one game and drawn away from home with Fulham. 

we lost Fry, Tav and Dijksteel last season which were huge losses coupled with the fact that he had players like Britt and Fletcher who didn’t give a ****. 

Is this what it’s going to be like after every game we don’t win this year?

Like others have said, this isn't based on 4 games. You don't give a manager a clean slate every summer, what's happened before matters, especially when the first few games follow the same pattern as what happened before. 

You're right, I don't like the man or his politics, but that's not the reason I didn't want him here. I didn't want him here because of his football and where he fits into the modern game - which is to say that he does not - not for any team with ambition.

The fact he's come in and underperformed to the degree that he has (absolutely no excuse for us to fall away like we did last season, injuries or not we had a top 6 side from Jan onwards) and stunk out every stadium we've played in with his awful brand of football, coupled with my previous opinions of him, means that yes, I'll continue to criticise him and his failings until he's gone.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

we lost Fry, Tav and Dijksteel last season which were huge losses coupled with the fact that he had players like Britt and Fletcher who didn’t give a ****. 

Is this what it’s going to be like after every game we don’t win this year?

Are you going to be pulling the same excuses out every time someone points out Warnock should have done better last year?

Fletcher played little over 5 and a half game's worth of minutes last year and now he's part of the reason we failed last year. Christ alive.

• Like 2

It’s clear Warnock won’t be here long and the club are planning for a future with a new approach and new players. We either spend this season moaning about Warnock or take it for what it is, get behind the team and hope some of the players he has brought in on the cheap (TO, Crooks, Uche) come good and compliment the sexier, more expensive signings for the future. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

It’s clear Warnock won’t be here long and the club are planning for a future with a new approach and new players. We either spend this season moaning about Warnock or take it for what it is, get behind the team and hope some of the players he has brought in on the cheap (TO, Crooks, Uche) come good and compliment the sexier, more expensive signings for the future. 

I actually plan to do both of these things ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I've never once indicated we should keep Akpom so I don't know why that's what your response is here. The point I'm making is he says what makes him look better, not that we should in any way be trying to keep Akpom.

When Akpom first comes in, he's all happiness, smiles, great player captured for the Boro. Before the season is out, he wants nothing to do with him and wants to make sure people know not only that he acknowledges he is crap but that he isn't even responsible for finding him. Do you think Warnock comes out if Akpom scores 20 goals and says actually he never got a good look at him and he was mostly someone put forward by the scouts/recruitment team? After what he said about him when he first brought him in, no bloody chance.

Even at the stage of his career where nobody can mention his name without shoving 'record number of promotions' down your bloody throat, he's trying to protect his own reputation.

I wasn’t suggesting for one second that you indicated we should keep Akpomb to be fair.

I explained previously why I thought he was bulling him up at his start. His performances were telling, he could not do the job he was brought in to do. I think minds were made up and planning for the following season does not wait until the season ends, it started in February, Warnock made it clear. I think he told Akpomb to look for another club at that point. It maybe sounds harsh, but equally if true he was honest with the player. The player and agent might not have liked it, sometimes honesty hurts.

My fear is that clubs abroad in Turkey and Greece wont match what he is on at Boro and so making him reluctant to leave. If that is the case (and I do not know tbh) and it is feasible, then he may have said he’d prefer to stay. Were that the case, then i can see why the club and manager would turn the screw, they tried doing it with others in the past afterall. All ifs and buts and maybes, granted, but it is feasible in my opinion. 

I am sure Warnock, like many people, takes the plaudits publicly, even when it is partly due someone else, people do that in all walks of life anyway. When things go wrong human nature being what it is will see excuses made, half truths told, full truths mentioned and some fibs mixed in together. As humans we all spin things how we want others to see our mistakes, why only last night I told our lass it was all her fault for lending her sister her babydoll nightdress anyway!

Just now, newyddion said:

20/21

after missing out on our main target Keiffer Moore we tickled the outside of the playoffs finishing 10th with Duncan Watmore as our only recognisable striker.

Well this is a lie, isn't it.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, newyddion said:

19/20

23 June 2020, Middlesbrough were outside of the relegation zone on goal difference after 38 games. Warnock had us finish in 17th place.

20/21

after missing out on our main target Keiffer Moore we tickled the outside of the playoffs finishing 10th with Duncan Watmore as our only recognisable striker.

21/22

every signing that we have made has been an improvement on the players that have left.

FOUR GAME IN FFS!!

How is this even relevant? Every club misses out on targets all the time. Constant excuses from the fans who've been listening to the manager too much

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Are you going to be pulling the same excuses out every time someone points out Warnock should have done better last year?

Fletcher played little over 5 and a half game's worth of minutes last year and now he's part of the reason we failed last year. Christ alive.

Here he comes…

when you have limited strikers and two of them clearly aren’t up for it, it doesn’t leave you with many places to go does it?

im not saying it’s a new slate and therefore last season but we’ve seen 11 new players so far this window and we are still only in August. Not to mention we’ve had injuries again to people like Tav and Watmore where we already thin on the ground.

im not so pro-Warnock that he’s got free reign to play dire football all season and not get results but we aren’t even 5 games into the season yet.

you’re the most condescending poster on here, I don’t know why you feel you have the right to be so dismissive and treat everyone else as Sockmonkeys…

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DocMartin said:

I am not making excuses I am telling it like it is with all managers whether in football or the real world. If you want to get the best out of someone, especially new starters, you behave in a really positive manner toward them just like he did. Unfortunately the gamble failed. Do you remember Woodgate telling us all live on BBC Tees that Braithwaite was not in the Salford friendly matchday squad as he had a stomach bug? He was actually in Spain discussing terms on his move to Leganes. All managers use smoke and mirrors, they tell lies or half truths, just like every other human being does. 

Can you imagine Warnock if Gibson was treating him in public like warnock has treated Akpom. “The tactics against Derby were dogshit and the team performed poorly in a match we should comfortably have won. Neil is the boss so he will have to do better if he wants to remain as manager for the next game. Oh and Neil was never my first choice. In fact I never seen any of his games as manager, but someone recommended him to me so I just said yes”. 

Warnock has publicly binned off a 2,5 million pound assets for the last 6 months. Horrendous management. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I actually plan to do both of these things ☺️

Fair enough. I feel a tiny bit sorry for Warnock. He’s a caretaker essentially, knows he’s not being given all of the funds available and knows there’s a bunch of changes behind the scenes that he has no control over/no say in. 

1 hour ago, TheJew said:

Wouldn't get too concerned about this season. It's clearly a transitional year, bed in some potential foreign superstars whilst establishing a secure Championship position.

The interesting bit will be who the next manager is.

After only 4 games and it’s always next season. Tells you all about how stupid it is to keep Warnock only to waste another season. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

After only 4 games and it’s always next season. Tells you all about how stupid it is to keep Warnock only to waste another season. 

To be fair I presume Scott will be picking the next manager, whoever we brought in now probably wouldn’t be long term

Just now, newyddion said:

‘Even if I was seeing signs of improvement I'd be satisfied’

that right there

relegation fodder - 17th - 10th - 4 games in with an improving squad

The only way he could have not improved on the Woodgate season was if he literally got us relegated.

At the end of the day, neither of us have a crystal ball. We will either finish in the play offs, or we won't. If we do, I'll admit he did well. If we don't, I'll be very glad to see the back of him.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""