oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

I think our fans need to remember what a manager is, surely we have members on here that are managers within their companys of employment?
The clue is in the title, you manage the people that are underneath you (the players) whilst also carrying out the tasks given to you by those above you (the board).
If the people above you bring in new employees (players) then your job is to integrate them as best you can.  Now some managers are involved in the recruitment, some are not, it very much depends on the employer/employee relationship.
Some employees lie on their CV and turn out to be less capable than expected, it happens all the time, sometimes you have the employees withing the company that are capable of stepping up and sometimes it takes a while for someone to settle in.

Why do fans think that the world of football is any different? Why do they expect instant gratification?  MFC is not the club that they were 25 years ago, they cannot bring in the talent that they once did.
Players that hit the ground running cost mega money, money that we dont have.

Our job as fans is to accept that the people that are making the decisions are making the right ones, our job is to complain that we think the company we have an interest in is making bad decisions.....however, what we have to remember is that none of us are in the position to make those decisions ourselves because are not skilled enough!
We are the bottom of the food chain, the lowest position in the company and our opinions count for nothing..........

........Be grateful that you have a job, stop worrying about things out of your control and enjoy the ride!!!

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Can you imagine Warnock if Gibson was treating him in public like warnock has treated Akpom. “The tactics against Derby were dogshit and the team performed poorly in a match we should comfortably have won. Neil is the boss so he will have to do better if he wants to remain as manager for the next game. Oh and Neil was never my first choice. In fact I never seen any of his games as manager, but someone recommended him to me so I just said yes”. 

Warnock has publicly binned off a 2,5 million pound assets for the last 6 months. Horrendous management. 

You have no idea of the context and why.

I would suggest there is far more going on that we don’t know. What's more, how do you know Gibson hasn’t told him to make it clear he is an unwanted asset and to use all methods to persuade him to leave? The biggest waste would be allowing him to be staying on taking home whatever wage he earns and allowing his contract to run down for nothing when he is not good enough to play, except in dire emergencies. Remember the mistakes of Fletcher, Britt and Rudy?

• Like 1

Maybe the club are looking to get the recruitment strategy in place, up and running with identified targets then change managerial direction. Rather than the usual throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

• Like 1

2019/2020 aeason we averaged a point per game under Woodgate. We were going down had it now been for Warnock. So forgive my support of him

2020/2021. He took that team from previous season and transformed it into a team that challenged. Lack of depth, injuries and suspension prevented a top 6 finish. We saw players like Dijksteele and Bola transform

2021/2022. We have 6 new incoming.  Plus more on boil. We cut the wage bill and managed to invest in squad despite pandemic. 4 games in we are mid table. Long way to go

It's important not to panic, practice makes perfect. A few more signings of pace and power and we will do alright 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Here he comes…

when you have limited strikers and two of them clearly aren’t up for it, it doesn’t leave you with many places to go does it?

im not saying it’s a new slate and therefore last season but we’ve seen 11 new players so far this window and we are still only in August. Not to mention we’ve had injuries again to people like Tav and Watmore where we already thin on the ground.

im not so pro-Warnock that he’s got free reign to play dire football all season and not get results but we aren’t even 5 games into the season yet.

you’re the most condescending poster on here, I don’t know why you feel you have the right to be so dismissive and treat everyone else as Sockmonkeys…

Warnock had two primary strikers as options, one of which he signed himself, the other which he gave the captain's armband to after already having played the majority of his previous competitive games in charge of Boro. Both strikers were limited but then why is it on the players when the manager tries to force them into playing a way that doesn't actually suit them? Funny how Britt had never under any other manager failed to score over 10 goals in a season, not even Pulis when he was also hung out to dry. You can say that's on him, I say that's more likely on the person responsible for him.

You say it's not a new slate but also say we're only a few games into the season. So for you, yeah, you are treating it as a new slate, you are putting to bed whatever you thought about last season and focusing on what's happened this one so far.

Don't get me wrong, I actually don't give a toss about this season. My issue with Warnock right now is he seems to think he's got free reign to say how bad his situation is and make public comments which could affect our long-term investments. He's a short-term custodian of this club and our long-term strategy clearly doesn't heavily involve him. So he can either bite the bullet and accept he could be an important, stabilising factor between this point in our history and the next, or he can *** and moan about not getting what he wants to get his 2nd 'one last go' at this club and if so, do one. Middlesbrough will be around long after he has left us and my sole concern is Middlesbrough. I couldn't give a toss what he wants.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, newyddion said:

Yes.. but he didn’t. Then he improved on that!

Before the start of the season folks would have snapped your hands off for a 10th place finish.

All of a sudden people are Sam tarting to thing we were better than than that.. I wonder who was responsible for them think that?

OUR MANAGER!!

Snap your hand off for 10th? Not me, I'm afraid.

I accept we are going through a transition, but I'm not going to sit here and celebrate finishing 10th in this league.

In the first 4 games, we have played no different - no different - to the end of last season. You can blindly shout FOUR GAMES as much as you want mate, but you can't just will success into existence.

We'll see where we are at the end of the season, and that will settle this debate. If we finish in the play-offs under Warnock I'll eat my hat.

• Like 4

We've absolutely progressed under Warnock. Woodgate was one more game from sending us down to League 1.

Last season we fell away in the second half of the season and had a lack of strikers.

But this season I'm sure if we don't make playoffs it will be seen as a failure. I'd rather start of poor and end strong I guess but the last two games have been really frustrating add to that the length of time it takes us to do any deals in the market and you can understand why people are panicking and *** off.

3 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Before the start of the season folks would have snapped your hands off for a 10th place finish.

All of a sudden people are Sam tarting to thing we were better than than that.. I wonder who was responsible for them think that?

OUR MANAGER!!

You weren't on here this time last year so you wouldn't have known this but there were quite a few, including myself, who thought Warnock was 100% capable of the play-offs and should have had us finishing there.

Woodgate was a one-off, a blip in an otherwise close-run play-off side. If we accept Woodgate was a crap manager then we have to accept that Warnock, as a decent manager, was more than capable of taking a similar side to where Pulis did or beyond.

You can't accept Woodgate as a blip and make out like the improvement under Warnock is excellent. It's one way or the other.

It was also foreseen on here, I believe during Woodgate's time, that should we allow Woodgate to nearly take us down that whoever came in after would likely have us back up in the top half of the table easily and that the club would spin it as a net positive. Except, viewing this side since relegation in 2017, it is still a net negative to be finishing 10th, it is still a club trending down. I don't really know why we'd view Middlesbrough's progress as a new thing from the point Woodgate was appointed other than to spin it into looking like we're making progress.

Just now, Duvel said:

What the hell is a sock monkey by the way? 😂

I've no idea if it was an intentional link but I actually work at a company called SockMonkey Studios. When we were still in the office, we all had our own Sock Monkey positioned somewhere around the desk, usually just peeping over one of the monitors, like in this picture here:

image.png.d55ad9049965f6ec10bfa5f240c42244.png

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, newyddion said:

from almost being relegated to a top 10 finish? not for you?

the first 4 games are massively different to the last 4 games!! new players, settled teams, some players resigned to relegation, looking for a new club, fighting for survival, their futures etc.

do you even go to the games?

Alright mate, you're right. We've played much better so far. Keeping the ball well, attacking through well drilled rotational patterns, movement, and a nice injection of creativity. We've defended very well, too, keeping some good clean sheets and not giving away silly goals.

Edited by Smokedsalmon
  • Haha 2

Twice in 2 posts that you've inscinuated that not going to games invalidates your opinion @newyddion. Attitudes like that will make you extremely unpopular around here as a lot of people on this board are not in the position to go to games regularly. So stick to the football instead of trying to say your opinion weighs more than anyone elses. 

• Like 6

Won't lie, I have my doubts that posters who already take any opportunity to moan about Warnock would accept making the play-offs but failing to go up via them as a good effort.

I'm not overly confident we'll make it myself, but at this point last season Brentford and Norwich were on 4 points.

In 2018/19, Norwich were on 4 points.

In 2017/18, Fulham were on 3 points.

They were all promoted.

We're on 5 points and people are calling for Warnock's head.

• Like 5
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""