• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Saw that Izquierdo was released from Brighton. Thought he was a decent player myself. Was he out for ages through injury?

18 months I think. Still not fully fit I think

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

Saw that Izquierdo was released from Brighton. Thought he was a decent player myself. Was he out for ages through injury?

Looks like it.

Got a knee injury on August 1st 2018, came back Sept 28th 2018. Got another knee injury Dec 4th 2018 back Feb 26th 2019, then another knee injury April 28th 2019 and he wasn't back from that till October 20, 2020. Looks like his knee(s) are a problem.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Looks like it.

Got a knee injury on August 1st 2018, came back Sept 28th 2018. Got another knee injury Dec 4th 2018 back Feb 26th 2019, then another knee injury April 28th 2019 and he wasn't back from that till October 20, 2020. Looks like his knee(s) are a problem.

Wow. Recurring theme then. Such a shame as i thought he was a top signing from Brugge for them

• Like 1

“It was alleged that Galatasaray contacted the Middlesbrough club for the 25-year-old English striker and made an offer. It was learned that the yellow-red people first brought up the option of renting, but the British managers did not accept this option, and the negotiations between the two clubs continued throughout the day.”

So we ruled out a loan with Galatasaray but accepted one from POAK? Must be a good loan fee from POAK. Hopefully we can use them against each other to get the best deal 

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

Wow. Recurring theme then. Such a shame as i thought he was a top signing from Brugge for them

I assume they were three slightly separate injuries because that's how transfermarkt has them listed, but it's always possible it was one huge knee injury that for some reason has been recorded like this - I don't know enough about the player to know!

42 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

It smacks of a Rudy Gestede type signing. if we are struggling just hoof it up front. Of course the comparison ends there and then as Moore will actually be on the pitch and not in the medical room.

Wolves are heavily reliant on playing off a figure head striker. I think was really obvious with how they struggled when Jiminez was out injured last season.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Duvel said:

There's something doesn't sit right when the likes of Man City and Chelsea can hoover up all the best young players.

The other side of that is that as a country we seem to be producing some very good young players at the moment, I guess that could be an argument that the academies are working? 

Well, yes, the top PL clubs have produced a clutch of very good young players, as evidenced by the national team's improved performances (plus the odd one that learned to play overseas like Jadon Sancho).

Some academies are working...but even in the PL you're only talking about 2-3 players per club.

Used to be a time when England teams were mostly comprised of Man Utd and Arsenal players. Then there was a period when Chelsea had a few. Lately its been a good mix.

But I'm wondering how many lower-league academy players get snapped up while still relatively young (e.g. 13 - 15) and end up graduating through a PL team's system. As you say, there seems to be an issue where the biggest and richest clubs are able to snap up a lot of the young talent...most of whom will simply end up going out on loan or sold to lower league teams.

Then there are clubs like Boro who simply don't seem to produce many players that end up being first team regulars.

I know there is a lot of pressure on managers to deliver instant results, which means they don't necessarily have time to bring younger players along and help them make the step up, but I always thought an academy's primary purpose was to produce players that were capable of playing in the first team. Obviously only a fraction of youngsters will ever make it, but to me it still seems like a tiny number ever do. Surely it could be improved a bit?

Seems like 90% either wash out and end up pursuing other careers, or the better ones get sold to lower league clubs.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

“It was alleged that Galatasaray contacted the Middlesbrough club for the 25-year-old English striker and made an offer. It was learned that the yellow-red people first brought up the option of renting, but the British managers did not accept this option, and the negotiations between the two clubs continued throughout the day.”

So we ruled out a loan with Galatasaray but accepted one from POAK? Must be a good loan fee from POAK. Hopefully we can use them against each other to get the best deal 

We probably owe PAOK money. 

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'm not sure whether our location is an advantage rather than a disadvantage. 

Look at someone like Blackburn in the North West who are a similar sized club to us, they are competing with some massive clubs within an hour of them for players and that area is so condensed with football league clubs. 

We are competing with Sunderland and Newcastle locally and our scouting set up has been better than both of theirs in recent years. 

It's also a lot easier for them to loan young players from both Manchester and Liverpool clubs as they don't need to move. It can take a young lad a while to settle when they're away from home.

10 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

It's also a lot easier for them to loan young players from both Manchester and Liverpool clubs as they don't need to move. It can take a young lad a while to settle when they're away from home.

True, but I was making that argument that Blackburn will find it harder to produce players through their academy than us though. 

But their first team might benefit from getting good youngster on loan,  yeah I agree with that. 

9 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Would love to know why these Turkish and Greek clubs seem to think Akpom is the second coming of Thierry Henry.

Well we've hardly got the manager or team to take advantage of his abilities, I know everyone loves a bit of hyperbole and to say he's *** and that we need to get him out of the club. Whereas in reality he's a decent player that never settled here or hit the ground running.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Duvel said:

True, but I was making that argument that Blackburn will find it harder to produce players through their academy than us though. 

But their first team might benefit from getting good youngster on loan,  yeah I agree with that. 

When was Blackburn's last home grown starter? Genuine question.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""