• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, Cosmonaut said:

Can anyone give me a summary on today's activities or lack of progress 🤣

Just read an article on Joe Bennett being a possibility .. wouldn't be a shock would it. 

He’s been training with Cardiff to work on his fitness for 4 or 5 weeks. At least he wouldn’t be completely coming in cold.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

i dont get these posters who have to pm people they dont agree with. its a bit weird isnt it. wonder if it was newy who was pming digger with abuse to.

I will say, as Tony has pointed out, I do take things to PM at times in an effort to not derail the thread more than it already has been, although it never works out that way and here I am adding to it again. 

To be fair to Newy, he didn't PM me out of the blue; I had PM'd him the usual mod PM regarding his temp posting restriction and he replied with the insult the minute he got privileges back.

It is what it is; we all know he will continue reading this forum and people can be unhappy with me if they want to, it really is no skin off my nose.

5 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

The representative from Flamengo here talking about meeting with Bausor last month. Perhaps it wasn't a total waste even if we didn't get Muniz.. .

Screenshot_20210823-190334_Twitter.jpg

What's he saying here exactly? That the talks went well enough that there may be future link ups?

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

He’s been training with Cardiff to work on his fitness for 4 or 5 weeks. At least he wouldn’t be completely coming in cold.

Cheers. I'd have expected some news on Sporar or the Dutch lad today ... it's gonna be going to the wire isn't it. Hope to God we get the bodies in we need. 

Bennett wouldn't be a bad addition at all. Warnock can get use from him. 

Just worrying that things might go tits up but that's just me. I'm a serial worrier when it comes to the Boro and transfer dealings haha. 

I am getting odd feelings on the signing of Payero. Was he a player Warnock truly had interest in with his plans? Given timing he will take to get up to speed etc, when we need to hit the ground running .. Would be a shame for the lad to come all the way here and be sat out and not develop at the age he is. Guess we need the other incomings in to make it work. 

See what happens .. 

Just now, Smogzilla said:

That's my understanding of it yes.

More here:

Interesting, thanks for that. Could be a good potential link to have set up for Scott when he takes over.

• Like 2

I am genuinely sorry to see the lad banned. I think he was generally misunderstood on several occasions and possibly became frustrated because of it, it did seem like a few were being unnecessarily quarrelsome with him on one thread i saw, maybe he didn’t write as effectively as he could or should have on occasion, I recall one of his postings being totally misunderstood from the point he was trying to make and the initial issue was replaced by a little over enthusiastic responses from a few others in reality who missed his intentions. However, that said, there is no justification for personal abuse especially after a couple of warnings so I understand his fate. I never ever saw him be abusive on FMTTM. He clearly wasn’t everyones cup of tea on here, just like our current manager, but I don’t believe he is a trouble maker deep down, nor Newyddion either 😉

I am sure FMTTM will welcome him back, he seems to live for the Boro, fanatical in his dreams for our team that occasionally wander into Wizard of Oz territory, but mostly harmless nonetheless I thought. Hey ho

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Good link mate, there's actually some really interesting stuff there:

The moment of the club, both on and off the field, with credit in the market, makes Rubro-Negro's credibility in the conversations soaring, opening the board's range for the future. A good example was the relationship created with the English team Middlesbrough.

Boro, as it is called in England, was close to hiring Rodrigo Muniz, but lost in the competition to rival Fulham. On the other hand, the posture of Braz and Spindel during the negotiations, preventing it from sounding like a Flamengo auction, pleased Middlesbrough a lot.

In fact, the level of relationship was so high, that the president and owner of Middlesbrough, manager Steve Gibson, liked the way Braz and Spindel treated the subject and decided to talk directly with the red-black duo, which is rare in the operations of the English team.

As it is a market with high visibility and involving high figures, Flamengo, in addition to being satisfied with the outcome of the sale of Rodrigo Muniz to Fulham, also saw a link being created with Middlesbrough and an open path to prosper in a future next.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""