oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Just now, Duvel said:

Whoever is identifying these players im just glad we're looking for a bit of flair and we're being creative with where we are shopping. 

Thats what I've been missing since Karanka left. 

Indeed. We've been lacking pace and flair since Traore left. We've just been so damn slow going forward it's too easy to defend. Let's see two quick wingers and Tav behing Uche/Sporar. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

On 8/9/2021 at 10:21 AM, notjade said:

That Johnson that played for Forest looks decent, I'd love us to have a look at him. Was on loan at Lincoln last season

Ok nevermind 😳. Spence must be worth atleast £50m going off this

image.png.130be2cd56054ffa9425078ce27acde8.png

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, estonpidge said:

some lovely runs from deep, if only we had a midfield that could make the pass 🤔

Middlesbrough is still looking for offensive reinforcements. According to our sources, the English second division team is looking around in the Jupiler Pro League. They have two players on their wish list.

Middlesbrough, which started the new season with a 5 out of 12, initially thought of Manuel Benson. However, the wing attacker is not feasible, because at Antwerp trainer Brian Priske believes very much in the player. Benson has scored 2 goals in 5 appearances for the Great Old to date. He will most likely not leave the Tawny Owl this month.

Middlesbrough has now turned his attention to Jean-Luc Dompé. The French winger is an important player at Zulte Waregem, where he is under contract for another two years. Essevee would rather not see the player who scored 6 times last season and provided 6 assists in 27 league games, but the ex-player of Standard and AA Gent can bring in the necessary money. A departure to the former employer of Jelle Vossen and Faris Haroun is therefore not excluded.

Benson & Hedges , couldn’t make it up ! 

9 minutes ago, FinallyRegistered said:

Looks a calm finisher. Would be a decent option on the left wing, although it’s Jones’ spot to lose currently 

That’s why I wouldn’t want it to happen, we should be keeping Jones in the side not signing more players in his position 

• Like 2

Transfer window shuts in 1 Week and 12 Hours from now.

It looks like we're going to have a busy week with 4-5 coming in

and 2-3 leaving along with some youngsters going out on loan.

Warnock's press conference won't be till Friday will it?

6 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

That’s why I wouldn’t want it to happen, we should be keeping Jones in the side not signing more players in his position 

Jones isn't going to play the whole season so we defo need another player in that position. Trasfermarkt says he plays on the right quite often too

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

So you don't want to strengthen the squad because Jones has had a few good games at the start of the season? What will happen once he gets injured, fatigued or the opponents realises what kind of player he is and they start targeting him. You can't rely on Jones keeping that form for the next 42 games. The lad barely had any first team football before this season.

• Like 10
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

So you don't want to strengthen the squad because Jones has had a few good games at the start of the season? What will happen once he gets injured, fatigued or the opponents realises what kind of player he is and they start targeting him. You can't rely on Jones keeping that form for the next 42 games. The lad barely had any first team football before this season.

I’m not saying he should start all 48 games, but based off so far he should be starting when fit. Including Van Bergen we will already have 6 wingers who can realistically start at the club. You can only name 7 on the bench and make 3 subs now so how would you keep them all on side? Jones has been the standout player in all 4 of our games so why block his development by signing wingers from abroad 

• Like 1

Jones’ body is going to be adapting to full time men’s football. It wouldn’t be a shock if he picked up knocks and strains that mean he’s unavailable at times. Plus, it’s unlikely that he’ll keep up his current rate of an assist per game (ish). We don’t want to be playing someone out of position if he’s unavailable 

2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I’m not saying he should start all 48 games, but based off so far he should be starting when fit. Including Van Bergen we will already have 6 wingers who can realistically start at the club. You can only name 7 on the bench and make 3 subs now so how would you keep them all on side? Jones has been the standout player in all 4 of our games so why block his development by signing wingers from abroad 

Browne will most likely be going out on loan when he's back from injury he won't have played for almost a year 

If we're targetting another winger could mean that either the interest in Spence is concrete and he's off or Ameobi's injury is more serious than we thought 

• Like 1

I could tell when I first watched Jones for the U23’s he could develop and follow a similar path to Tav. He has such a naturally ability to go past players and win fouls. If I was the manager I’d be saying to him you’re getting 20-30 games (Like we did with Tav at first) this season so next season he knows what it’s all about ready for the new regime. But in his current form he’s undroppable.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""