oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

11 minutes ago, LBP said:

Browne will most likely be going out on loan when he's back from injury he won't have played for almost a year 

If we're targetting another winger could mean that either the interest in Spence is concrete and he's off or Ameobi's injury is more serious than we thought 

I think chances are at this stage that Ameobi’s injury is serious. The lack of news/updates on him coming out from the club would seem to confirm this, along with what a few posters have said on here about him being properly crocked 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, LBP said:

Browne will most likely be going out on loan when he's back from injury he won't have played for almost a year 

If we're targetting another winger could mean that either the interest in Spence is concrete and he's off or Ameobi's injury is more serious than we thought 

I’m not sure, he was really starting to impress before he got injured I think Warnock might want to keep him here 

41 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

That’s why I wouldn’t want it to happen, we should be keeping Jones in the side not signing more players in his position 

Agree that I wouldn’t want to see somebody come in an instantly take Jones’ place in the team but I’m also not going to complain about having a potential wealth of attacking options.

Our squad has looked paper thin with very few options to come on off the bench and change a game. Over a 46 game season you really need to have the options available to rotate when needed.

• Like 1

So it looks like we’re in for: 

ST: Sporar

RW: Van Bergen

LB: Bennett/Brown/Bidwell (personally I think it’ll be Brown because NW will want to continue his journey based on the comments in the Gazette about Brown).

Then… 1 more attacker if Chuba goes. Could be a free agent with a bad scoring record, could be Dompe, could even be a Flamengo player. 

37 minutes ago, FinallyRegistered said:

Jones’ body is going to be adapting to full time men’s football. It wouldn’t be a shock if he picked up knocks and strains that mean he’s unavailable at times. Plus, it’s unlikely that he’ll keep up his current rate of an assist per game (ish). We don’t want to be playing someone out of position if he’s unavailable 

Jones is 22 years old well past puberty so his body will be fully developed, he has been playing Men's football for Tooting & Mitcham prior to coming here which is fairly robust to put it mildly. That said we do need back up but I thought Ameobi was going to be the main man with Jones his back up. Surely if Ameobi is getting back to fitness then we shouldn't need a back up for the back up.

We're not in a position to turn down a good winger if one is available for a fair price, imo. Jones is the only solid option right now and it's a lot of pressure on his shoulders. 

Van Bergen hasn't even signed, let alone settled. May get the Payero treatment if he does sign. 

Tav and Watmore are good players at this level but are semi-crocked and rarely able to play for long stretches. 

Spence I don't really count as a winger, but can fill in as a backup.

Ameobi and Browne are crocked and jury is out whether either are good enough for the first team anyway. 

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Jones is 22 years old well past puberty so his body will be fully developed, he has been playing Men's football for Tooting & Mitcham prior to coming here which is fairly robust to put it mildly. That said we do need back up but I thought Ameobi was going to be the main man with Jones his back up. Surely if Ameobi is getting back to fitness then we shouldn't need a back up for the back up.

It’s not really about his age, more the demands of full time training and the intensity of the Championship compared to the Isthiman league and training part time. I rate Jones, but I think we need depth out wide. If there’s a chance to bring in a quality winger then I think we should go for it and have some competition for places. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""