• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

People will probably try to say that we shouldn't have signed ameobi because of underlying injury problems, but it's impossible to say if there was anything there before we signed him so can't really criticise the club for that.

On the other hand, we shouldn't have signed him anyway, because he's a crap player. 

I'm just grateful that we are too astute to make the same mistake twice and we aren't in the market for any more perma-crocks for the left side of the pitch.

• Haha 1

To be fair, a lot of this is just conjecture. While I have no doubt that those passing on information do so in good faith, it can be like chinese whispers at times. Them moving the goalposts can quickly become us moving the goalposts and vice versa. Some on here seem all too willing to just accept this information as fact or spin their own narratives, and while its fun to gossip I certainly wouldn't use this information as a basis to form an opinion on the clubs dealings.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I get there is reasons for it but there is an anti Gibson spin to a lot of ITK posts on here, it's the same with when Graeme Bailey's tweets about the Boro too.

Is he particularly difficult to journalists or something? I have heard a few horror stories with how he's dealt with ex players mind so I can certainly see how he could tarnish a lot of relationships

He banned a couple of gazette reporters a few years ago. 

3 minutes ago, Osvaldojnr said:

Maybe try not to have a pre biased counter point in that case 🤷🏻‍♂️

I still have no idea what you're saying.  I understood your original post, I'm not sure what you want me to try again with that's all.  Do you think all business deals go straight down the line or do I need to try again with why Tottenham can't sign any quality?

2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

We all know it’s you 

Factually impossible - there's no alliteration in Changing Times, we all know Vickers can't resist it.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Osvaldojnr said:

It’s quite clear those who work in business/on contracts and those who don’t given the replies to this. 

its poor form, we may not do business with sporting but people talk, clubs talk and they sure as *** share opinions on whose word is solid and whose is worth *** all. Why do you think Spurs are struggling to sign any real quality?

As has been mentioned also highly hypocritical given Gibbos distain for immoral agents who move the goalposts to benefit themselves...

I agree, part of my job is negotiating contracts (sometimes worth hundreds of millions) and to mess about the figures/clauses after everything is verbally agreed is poor form.

The deal will probably still go ahead but not without noise and likely no further business beyond that deal. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I agree, part of my job is negotiating contracts (sometimes worth hundreds of millions) and to mess about the figures/clauses after everything is verbally agreed is poor form.

The deal will probably still go ahead but not without noise and likely no further business beyond that deal. 

It happens all of the time, and this isn't business, not in the same sense as you are talking about.  In business you are always thinking about potential future deals with whoever you're negotiating with because you want more business.  It's not the same in football, which is why players, agents, and clubs, try it on all of the time.  Players know that someone will always want them, assuming they are decent enough of course, agents know that deals won't be done without them, even Boro have to deal with them whether we like it or not, and clubs know that they are where the money comes from.  We don't need to do any business with Sporting Lisbon in the future, but if we do, and we have millions of Pounds to spend, then they won't say no if they need/want the money, because they aren't in a position to turn it down.  Very few clubs are.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""