oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

13 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

To be fair I'd never heard of him until a week ago and the Heerenveen fans didn't have great things to say about him. Not saying he wouldn't have been good for us, but there are plenty more fish in the sea, as they say. 

We do need to get better at doing deals quicker though. Feels like we hang around trying to save a few quid here and there and quite often end up missing out.

hes physically garbage. great technical potential but i think hed have got battered in the champ

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Two promotion chasing clubs in a row bringing him in on loan after he was deemed not good enough for us by fans.

I'd still have him back.

Started 7 games for Norwich last season, it's strange that nobody wants to actually keep him for more than a year.  Never actually played regularly for a team that has even managed to finish in the play offs has he?  Back up player for the better teams, regular player for the next group of teams?

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The report says the player prefers to join the French side. Therfore us as a club haven't provided a good enough proposal to the player that makes him favour us. Therfore it demonstrates a lack of ability to sell Middlesbrough Football Club to players. 

Hardly.  Maybe they just have a better financial offer that we can't/won't match.  Maybe he just fancies Ligue 1 over the Championship. Maybe he just really loves croissants.

Nothing adds up to Bausor failing to sell the club to him or, in particular, Muniz.

• Like 2

So let me get this right. 

No one had heard of kid before and was complaining. Then comes along a top Tier team and complaining. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

A lot of people blame boro hear. But honestly if I was that player and a top tier came in I would be doing same.

I doubt Van Bergen has even heard Warnocks comment. People just using it as a stick because they desperately want something to beat Warnock with. Van Bergen is probably happier playing In a higher league for more money, just a thought, no that can’t be it, that wouldn’t sway him surely 🤔

We are a second tier team trying to shop in the bargain basement of a pool with potential to play at the top level. It shows ambition, but agents do seem to be using us to tout their player around to the highest bidder. We naively allow time to drag hoping we can get our man while behind our backs the agents are at work. Still it is far easier for some fans to blame a 72yr old experienced manager than face the truth i guess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why are people assuming that a small club in France’s top tier can offer more than us? Have you seen the financial state the french clubs are in at the minute with the TV deal situation?

1 minute ago, DocMartin said:

I doubt Van Bergen has even heard Warnocks comment. People just using it as a stick because they desperately want something to beat Warnock with. Van Bergen is probably happier playing In a higher league for more money, just a thought, no that can’t be it, that wouldn’t sway him surely 🤔

We are a second tier team trying to shop in the bargain basement of a pool with potential to play at the top level. It shows ambition, but agents do seem to be using us to tout their player around to the highest bidder. We naively allow time to drag hoping we can get our man while behind our backs the agents are at work. Still it is far easier for some fans to blame a 72yr old experienced manager than face the truth i guess.

Sorry but Warnock's comments are indefensible. Lets say he had read Warnock's comment, which its totally plausible that he did considering it was all over twitter, are you telling me he'd actually want to come here? 

When Warnock got his 'top priority' signing, we ended up with Chuba Akpom. Now the club are looking at signings perhaps beyond Warnock's reign, which won't last longer than a year, he's going on record saying that its nothing to do with him, which you can subsequently infer from that he isn't at all arsed about him coming here. 

5 hours ago, DevKWat said:

I hate to bring it up again but Hugill was dealt a very bad hand in his year here and he’s very underrated as a result. He was just as isolated if not more than Negredo was under Pulis. As we always say Ronaldo would struggle to score goals in some of our past teams. 

Look, he scored 6 goals in that season, a couple of them were penalties.  Assombalonga was just as isolated and scored 14 goals in the same season!  Hugill has never scored more than 13 goals for anyone in his career.  He's never been a regular for any team at this level that finished in the top 6.  No bugger seems to want him for more than one season, and it can't be because he's too good, can it?  He's an ok to decent striker at this level, West Ham overpaid for him, and now he's bouncing around from club to club trying to keep his career on track otherwise he will hardly be playing. 

He couldn't get in our side regularly while he was here, he couldn't get in Norwich's side regularly last season, he was a regular for QPR when they finished 13th, he was a regular for Preston when they finished 11th, he actually left Preston half way through the season when they finished 7th, and they were 11th when he left!  I'm not saying they got better because he left but they clearly didn't get worse.  If he ends up being a regular for West Brom then it will give him the chance to do two things he hasn't yet managed in his career - score a good amount of goals, and help a team get promoted as a regular, which seem to me like two things we'd be wanting in a striker, if it's at all possible, especially for the kind of money he is on.

Surly we are a better proposition than a small club in France who play in a farmers league it's hardly Monaco or PSG in for him. We are meant to be getting promoted this year to the best league in the world if we make the signings like MVB yet for some reason we can't make players excited about this project! 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

We’ve signed 9 players this window. One of the most in the championship. There’s a week to go ffs 😂

Sounds good but haven’t six of those been free transfers which are presumably straightforward. A better measurement would be I guess how many have we tried to actually buy from another club and have succeeded, Payero, Ikpeazu and Crooks minus Munoz and Van thingy

It would have been an exciting signing like.

He's absolutely rapid, skilful, creative and good at carrying the ball.

Exactly what we need, players who can take people on.

Onto the next one. 

This could well be the 10th transfer window in a row where we fail to address the problems with our squad.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""