oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Just now, pikerman said:

Sounds good but haven’t six of those been free transfers which are presumably straightforward. A better measurement would be I guess how many have we tried to actually buy from another club and have succeeded, Payero, Ikpeazu and Crooks minus Munoz and Van thingy

Lumley, Daniels, Bamba, Peltier, Ameobi, Olusanya

Hardly difficult deals. I can't imagine lots of clubs we're interested in the majority of them

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

I doubt Van Bergen has even heard Warnocks comment. People just using it as a stick because they desperately want something to beat Warnock with. Van Bergen is probably happier playing In a higher league for more money, just a thought, no that can’t be it, that wouldn’t sway him surely 🤔

We are a second tier team trying to shop in the bargain basement of a pool with potential to play at the top level. It shows ambition, but agents do seem to be using us to tout their player around to the highest bidder. We naively allow time to drag hoping we can get our man while behind our backs the agents are at work. Still it is far easier for some fans to blame a 72yr old experienced manager than face the truth i guess.

I'm not convinced that a middle tier team in Ligue 1 will pay any more than we will, honestly. Aren't a lot of teams in France struggling for money?

Also, I'd be fairly confident putting money that someone important in the Van Bergen camp heard NW's comments, whether Mitchell himself or his agents. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Lumley, Daniels, Bamba, Peltier, Ameobi, Olusanya

Hardly difficult deals. I can't imagine lots of clubs we're interested in the majority of them

There were clubs lining up out the door for Lee Peltier’s signature away 

It is weird that last week we had deals agreed for a LB, Sporar, and Van Bergen, and we're sat here instead with a kid from non-league.

Think we suffer a lot from our reputation for playing boring football, Middlesbrough's location, and our disjointed CEO/chairman/manager/analyst royal rumble mess at deciding who to bring in.

10 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

I doubt Van Bergen has even heard Warnocks comment. People just using it as a stick because they desperately want something to beat Warnock with. Van Bergen is probably happier playing In a higher league for more money, just a thought, no that can’t be it, that wouldn’t sway him surely 🤔

We are a second tier team trying to shop in the bargain basement of a pool with potential to play at the top level. It shows ambition, but agents do seem to be using us to tout their player around to the highest bidder. We naively allow time to drag hoping we can get our man while behind our backs the agents are at work. Still it is far easier for some fans to blame a 72yr old experienced manager than face the truth i guess.

As we haven't lost out on him yet we might as well all wait and see what actually happens.  An opportunity to move to a top division in France is better than a move here, as long as the financial side of it is no worse. However, I think there's a reasonable chance he'll have heard the comments.  I'd say an agent/agency would be keeping an eye on press mentions of their client, and given a potential move this would be even more likely.  I'm sure they'd have passed on something like that if they believed it to be relevant.  Whether the comments alone would be enough to make a player reconsider a move, I have no idea.  I suppose it would come down to the individual concerned.  It's not a great look for us though and an experienced manager should know better.  In fact, he does know better, which makes the comments even more pointed.  I would say that's a truth worth facing as well.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

It is weird that last week we had deals agreed for a LB, Sporar, and Van Bergen, and we're sat here instead with a kid from non-league.

Think we suffer a lot from our reputation for playing boring football, Middlesbrough's location, and our disjointed CEO/chairman/manager/analyst royal rumble mess at deciding who to bring in.

Shush we're still close to the LB mate, it's been two weeks on but we're still close.

Just now, RiversideRed said:

Shush we're still close to the LB mate, it's been two weeks on but we're still close.

We’re just testing to see how many times we can try to change the deal before the selling clubs walks away 

Disappointing but we don't actually know what's gone on behind the scenes, do we? 

We do seem to struggle with getting deals over the line - but as others have said, it makes it harder when we're fishing in the same small pond as hundreds of other clubs. 

The lad from Belgium is a left winger and we definitely needs someone who plays on the right. Tav can’t do it because he is constantly moving into the centre of the pitch where Crooks is leaving us with no threat on the right whatsoever. 

Just now, DevKWat said:

We’re just testing to see how many times we can try to change the deal before the selling clubs walks away 

Wonder if we agree terms with the player a few times just so it looks like we're working on more deals.

We lost out on two strikers while chasing Muniz cause apparently we can only work on one deal at a time.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""