• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, alexutb said:

Sorry but Warnock's comments are indefensible. Lets say he had read Warnock's comment, which its totally plausible that he did considering it was all over twitter, are you telling me he'd actually want to come here? 

When Warnock got his 'top priority' signing, we ended up with Chuba Akpom. Now the club are looking at signings perhaps beyond Warnock's reign, which won't last longer than a year, he's going on record saying that its nothing to do with him, which you can subsequently infer from that he isn't at all arsed about him coming here. 

Or put more simply, he isn’t involved in the negotiations, which is the truth, the money side is Bausor on Gibsons behalf. I accept it was poorly phrased nonetheless. Pulis and Karanka made similar comments. How can Warnock field questions when it isn’t his remit? 

I think our naivety has been shown several times over holding out in hope we get our man while agents tout players elsewhere. He is going to a top division cclub, probably on more money, that WILL almost certainly be the pull over a 2nd tier English team, the truth hurts but there we are, but Warnock is a convenient Piñata I guess.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

on Van Bergen, we shouldnt worry yet, one news outlet has come out and said something.

Even if we don't get him, at least we are looking at the right type of players in the positions of need.

No! We must all panic and gnash our teeth! Hitting out blindly at the unfairness of it all.

1 minute ago, DocMartin said:

Or put more simply, he isn’t involved in the negotiations, which is the truth, the money side is Bausor on Gibsons behalf. I accept it was poorly phrased nonetheless. Pulis and Karanka made similar comments. How can Warnock field questions when it isn’t his remit?

Give over.  It wasn't poorly phrased, it was perfectly phrased.  Warnock has been a manager for 40 years.  How many questions from the media do you think he'll have faced in that time?  He's been there and done it over and over again.  You don't think that by now he's aware of what he's saying when he's talking to the press?  Come on, there's no way you actually believe that, so please don't act dumb to make a point.  He knew exactly what he was saying last season with the no strikers comments, he knew exactly what he was saying with his comments on this lad.  A fella with his experience isn't giving an answer like that for any other reason than to distance himself from the signing.  He's made it absolutely clear on a couple of occasions now where he would like us to be making signings from - he didn't want more than a couple of South Americans, then that became he didn't want more than two from the continent.  He wants players with Championship experience and someone at Boro is spending a lot of time looking elsewhere for signings, and preparing to spend a fair chunk of our budget on those players.  He isn't happy with it as they aren't the players he wants.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DocMartin said:

I think our naivety has been shown several times over holding out in hope we get our man while agents tout players elsewhere. He is going to a top division cclub, probably on more money, that WILL almost certainly be the pull over a 2nd tier English team, the truth hurts but there we are, but Warnock is a convenient Piñata I guess.

What happened to the smoke and mirrors that Warnock does for positivity?

It's pretty clear to me what he meant when he said it's 'nowt to do with me'. He's made this statement on this player because it's not someone he wants. He's made it clear he wants players with Championship experience and Van Bergen doesn't have it, he doesn't want players like him, so how can you possibly read that any other way.

He's made clear that position and you think that comment is about the intricacies of transfers, in that Warnock doesn't get involved with money. What other deal has he said that on? With Uche? Crooks? I think you'll struggle to find another example because that's absolute rubbish, in my opinion.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Wow.  Absolute cryer babies today.  

it’s only a man that kicks a ball fellas.  

frustrating yes, life changing no

What if someone has called their newborn son, Bergen, in his honour and now he isn't even signing?  Try using your brain and see how serious this could be!

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

No! We must all panic and gnash our teeth! Hitting out blindly at the unfairness of it all.

There are actually more posts talking about people panicking than there are actual posts displaying panic 🤭

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

What happened to the smoke and mirrors that Warnock does for positivity?

It's pretty clear to me what he meant when he said it's 'nowt to do with me'. He's made this statement on this player because it's not someone he wants. He's made it clear he wants players with Championship experience and Van Bergen doesn't have it, he doesn't want players like him, so how can you possibly read that any other way.

He's made clear that position and you think that comment is about the intricacies of transfers, in that Warnock doesn't get involved with money. What other deal has he said that on? With Uche? Crooks? I think you'll struggle to find another example because that's absolute rubbish, in my opinion.

It's very clear not everybody at the club is singing from the same song-sheet. It's such a weird, weird position to be in, as well.

What's the point in signing players like Payero now, and going for people like van Bergen, when Warnock is so clearly stuck in his 1980s attitude towards football?

Why not just go ahead and sign Bolasie and Hoilett whilst we could? 

9 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

It's very clear not everybody at the club is singing from the same song-sheet. It's such a weird, weird position to be in, as well.

What's the point in signing players like Payero now, and going for people like van Bergen, when Warnock is so clearly stuck in his 1980s attitude towards football?

Why not just go ahead and sign Bolasie and Hoilett whilst we could? 

Who said we could? You are absolutely mad if you dont think Bolasie was our main target out wide

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""