• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

It's so weird to think that, in the same summer, we have signed:

Matt Crooks from Rotherham, League 1.

Martin Payero from Banfield, Argentine Primera Division.

It's the sort of thing I do on FM. Nuts.

Van Bergen was the FM wonderkid, 😩

6 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Maybe Reims have hijacked the deal in the same way that the Italian top flight team (can’t even remember which one) hijacked the Payero deal

Don’t think that was from football insider, who are pretty spot on most of the time 

26 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

He was referring to the continent that is South America, not Europe. Yes he likes proven Championship quality, who doesn’t. Don’t insult my intelligence by claiming I am acting dumb, petty insults may be your thing, enjoy them if it makes you feel good, shame you feel the need. Warnock says stuff that has cost him fortunes over the years, he speaks off the cuff at times, I feel confident on that and that was one of those times. You are finding things that really are not there. If Warnock is costing us players left right and centre why is he still here? Procrastination is Boro’s problem, we are showing ambition but without the clout to close a deal quickly, that really is the truth. Blaming Warnock for VanBergen not coming is frankly laughable. The same old anti Warnock posters do love to see the bigger picture while sporting their blinkers. 

He wasn't referring to the continent that is South America.  He was referring to South America a couple of weeks ago when he said South America, and then a few days back he was referring to the continent i.e. Europe.  People in the UK refer to Europe as 'the continent' they don't refer to South America as 'the continent'.  This is acting dumb again because I am 100% sure that you already know this.  To be clear, I wasn't insulting your intelligence, if anything I am respecting it by telling you not to act dumb.  If I just thought you were dumb then I wouldn't think you were acting, would I?

Warnock says stuff that costs him fortunes, you mean about refs I take it?  He means those things, which is why he says them.  You're still trying to suggest he meant something different to what he said, that it was just badly phrased, when it's pretty obvious that it wasn't.  He said something similar about Payero and Muniz remember, when it was Steve wanting to gamble on South Americans?  It's about distancing himself from signings he isn't that interested in.  Not the first or last manager to do this either, and I imagine that's something else that you're well aware of as well.

I don't know which players Warnock is costing us, I haven't said he has cost us Van Bergen.  I actually replied to you saying that an opportunity to join a top division club is a good one for him.  I simply pointed out that Warnock's own comments on a signing could be a factor in whether a player decides to come here, something which you seem to feel is impossible for some reason.

19 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Maybe Reims have hijacked the deal in the same way that the Italian top flight team (can’t even remember which one) hijacked the Payero deal

Exactly. A lot of bed wetting over nothing. Sounds like lazy journalism or agents trying to get a bit more money. Rather than having a strop why don’t we just wait and see what happens?

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I think it was Cagliari?  Mind, he still might end up playing more for them than he does for us 😉

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

It's so weird to think that, in the same summer, we have signed:

Matt Crooks from Rotherham, League 1.

Martin Payero from Banfield, Argentine Primera Division.

It's the sort of thing I do on FM. Nuts.

I like to throw in a casual Scandinavian too - nothing has been the same since Kennedy Bakircioglü though. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Even if, and it’s a big if we get Sporar done we won’t even get the announcement until he’s back from the internationals will we. If they do the same as Payero..

Transfer deadline is next Tuesday so the deal will be made offical 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kentucky said:

Agents are the parasites of football , take the money , put nothing back , 

We all hate them and I think BORO are not about to get fleeced ,hence no signings .

But they are a necessary evil because clubs are just as greedy and unscrupulous as agents.

in truth it’s the players that are taking the money out of the game. Look at the income to wage ratio of clubs it’s obscene.

agents are the easy “bad guys”

I wish people would just have a bit of perspective. Let’s be honest, it’s our club and we love it, but we’re based in a less desirable part of the country, playing a turgid brand of football, and are entering into our 5th consecutive season in the 2nd tier. We’re not exactly an attractive proposition and nobody could really blame a player for snubbing us for a top flight team.

• Like 7

some of the hysterics when stuff like this happens is crazy, it's like being annoyed that you don't win the lotto after you've gone to the effort of buying a few tickets.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He wasn't referring to the continent that is South America.  He was referring to South America a couple of weeks ago when he said South America, and then a few days back he was referring to the continent i.e. Europe.  People in the UK refer to Europe as 'the continent' they don't refer to South America as 'the continent'.  This is acting dumb again because I am 100% sure that you already know this.  To be clear, I wasn't insulting your intelligence, if anything I am respecting it by telling you not to act dumb.  If I just thought you were dumb then I wouldn't think you were acting, would I?

Warnock says stuff that costs him fortunes, you mean about refs I take it?  He means those things, which is why he says them.  You're still trying to suggest he meant something different to what he said, that it was just badly phrased, when it's pretty obvious that it wasn't.  He said something similar about Payero and Muniz remember, when it was Steve wanting to gamble on South Americans?  It's about distancing himself from signings he isn't that interested in.  Not the first or last manager to do this either, and I imagine that's something else that you're well aware of as well.

I don't know which players Warnock is costing us, I haven't said he has cost us Van Bergen.  I actually replied to you saying that an opportunity to join a top division club is a good one for him.  I simply pointed out that Warnock's own comments on a signing could be a factor in whether a player decides to come here, something which you seem to feel is impossible for some reason.

How you claim to know 100% what i know or think is a remarkable talent were it to be true, sadly you are off beam, some might even think that to be a strange claim for you to make.

He may mean the comments about refs, he is also on record as apologising on occasion and saying he got it wrong, either way, he speaks off the cuff and admits he could phrase things better at times himself. I have no doubt he wasn’t keen on Payero his comment on him needing time was fair, time is something he hasn’t got remember. I know he wants pace out wide though and is not totally adverse to enjoying ‘continental talent’ Gibson clearly has freed up money, seemingly burning a hole in his pocket and, is exercising his updated version of ‘Championship Manager’ which is at odds with the managers own plans, more than likely. Gibson employed him to do his thing, however he seemingly is imposing his own style on how he wants him to go about it. It is like employing a skilled thatcher to put a new roof on his house then giving him a load of expensive welsh slates to complete the task. 

I really do not believe (but can’t be categoric) that Van Bergen or his agent will have heard, read it, or indeed if they had, would be so incensed to refuse our offer on those grounds alone. Given a top flight club in France gives an opportunity to play against better teams, higher level and probably more money, this would be a more likely scenario.

We will have to agree to disagree. Warnock knows how to achieve a promotion, Gibson thinks he does. I know whose judgement i trust the most. I like Gibson’s thinking, but I trust Warnock judgement more on how to deliver it.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""