oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

MvB's agent wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't shopping him around knowing he wanted to leave. As soon as we agreed on a price there was always the chance that other interested clubs would come in a match it. The question is whether he thinks the Championship is better chance of making a big step in 2-3 years as opposed to a small club in Ligue1. Personally I think he has a better chance of getting a big money move inside a few years if he impresses in the championship. I very much doubt Reims are going to offer him more money than we are. Could be big pull that it's only 100 miles from Paris, but then again does that really matter much at this stage of his career.

I think this is a good point, despite being in top flight in France, they will be on a totally different level financially to us (i.e. us being better off). 

From what I can understand, outside of Qatari money in Paris and the Russian money in Monaco, there isn't a lot of cash in the league, something to do with their version of Setanta Sports (I think) failing a year or so ago. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

So the hold up is about who makes up the difference in tax between the Portuguese and UK rate? Clearly not the player so them or us. 

I think the most interesting thing is that we will now apparently only pay half the wages. Guess Bausors late haggling wasn't the stuff of nightmares after all. Now lets just hope the red tape clears.

14 minutes ago, FinallyRegistered said:

There was a Burnley fan in my Uni halls during our promotion season and he was so arrogant about them. I can’t stand Burnley and the style of football they play. Okay we don’t play the most beautiful football under Warnock, but Burnley is next level boring. Wish they’d just knock around in League 1 and not bother anyone 

66388185.jpg

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I think this is a good point, despite being in top flight in France, they will be on a totally different level financially to us (i.e. us being better off). 

From what I can understand, outside of Qatari money in Paris and the Russian money in Monaco, there isn't a lot of cash in the league, something to do with their version of Setanta Sports (I think) failing a year or so ago. 

Isn’t the tax rate for high earners massive in France too.? I seem to recall there being a hoo -hah about Monaco having a competitive advantage due to tax rates or something a couple of years ago.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Isn’t the tax rate for high earners massive in France too.? I seem to recall there being a hoo -hah about Monaco having a competitive advantage due to tax rates or something a couple of years ago.

think the basic income tax rate for top earners is the same - 45%

though there are some additional surcharges

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

think the basic income tax rate for top earners is the same - 45%

though there are some additional surcharges

I think iirc the hoo-hah was about a proposal to raise it for France but Monaco not being subject to the raise. Perhaps the raise didn’t happen in the end.

11 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I think iirc the hoo-hah was about a proposal to raise it for France but Monaco not being subject to the raise. Perhaps the raise didn’t happen in the end.

Given they're a different country, they wouldn't be 😉

13 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I found this when Googling it "Many French footballers already pay the top rate of tax of 49% and the surcharge will take the overall rate to 75%. The surcharge will be levied on the club rather than the player, but will increase the wages bills of some clubs significantly."

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Will said:

Given they're a different country, they wouldn't be 😉

They would if it meant being kicked out of the French League if they didn't follow the same rules. I think that was the problem and also why they complied.

• Like 1

Andraz Sporar has already said goodbye to Sporting and, knows A BOLA, is these days in his native country, Slovenia, with bags made for England.  The agreement with Middlesbrough has been closed for a long time, but some of the player's fiscal issues, in Portugal, ended up delaying the Slovenian international's arrival in England.  Something that, we learned, was finally overcome yesterday, so Sporar, also in Slovenia, said goodbye to the closest people, with a trip scheduled towards British territory.

Just yesterday TeessideLive said that the reason why Sporar had not yet been made official at Middlesbrough was linked to the striker's difficulty in leaving Portugal for England due to the tax regime of a non-Portuguese athlete who will remain linked to a Portuguese club but playing in England, even adding that the fact that Sporar does not have a Portuguese passport would be delaying the outcome of the deal.  Something that, according to data collected by our newspaper, does not correspond to the truth.  The impasse arose, only and only, due to issues

and which related to the contract between Sporting and Sporar, as well as the respective tax matters.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

They also outright call out the Gazette as being wrong, so that's fun.

The Gazette have also said Šporar would be heading away on international duty and wouldn’t be in England until after the break so let’s hope they’ve got that wrong as well. 

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""