• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Assuming Sporar signs, which it looks like he will, and van Bergen goes to France, which you'd guess he will, we still need to bring in a winger and a left back.

I'd fancy another striker too as I've not seen Coburn do much whenever he's played, but that's probably something that could wait till January if we looked like we were in the hunt for promotion.

I had a look at the Mail's site to see what they were saying about Tav and Burnley, and it's just his name in one of those nothing articles they do in the lead up to the end of the transfer window.  So yeah, they've just picked his name out of a hat really.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9923131/Transfer-window-deals-Premier-League-team-want-final-week.html

"BURNLEY
Sean Dyche's men are seen to have been pushing their luck in the Premier League for the last three or four seasons.

The Clarets are not fondly regarded for their aggressive and direct style of play, though it has retained their status in the English top flight nonetheless.

Players from various corners of the Continent are being eyed up by Dyche, who will be keen to get at least one sizeable signing on board before the window slams shut. 

What they want: Left-back, centre back, midfielder

Who they like: Maxwel Cornet (Lyon), Jack Hendry (Oostende), Will Hughes (Watford), Ryan Christie (Celtic), Marcus Tavernier (M'Boro)"

2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I don't think the story would've came out unless his agent had given them the go-ahead.

it's the daily mail, they don't care about the truth

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, CWC said:
50 minutes ago, Brunners said:

They also outright call out the Gazette as being wrong, so that's fun.

The Gazette have also said Šporar would be heading away on international duty and wouldn’t be in England until after the break so let’s hope they’ve got that wrong as well. 

In fairness, Dom Shaw said on the Gazette podcast that Sporar would be coming to sign and then heading off on international duty.

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

I don't think the story would've came out unless his agent had given them the go-ahead.

I don't think that's quite how this works. I don't think agents actively hold off stories that include minor links to their players, there's very few occasions I can think of where speculation doesn't positively affect their position so I don't see why the journalists would be sat waiting for an agent go-ahead.

If anything, agents involvement with journalists is about giving them the story, not approving stories already written, especially ones as minor as this.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Now now boys no need for this, too much nastiness creeping in of late.

You'll both be sent to bed early without having your tea and your ipad will be confiscated!😑

Really??  I said it’s exhausting.  Merely stating the truth, I’m hardly berating him.  

• Like 1
Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Its a speculative piece, dont see how it would need an agent approval

Of course it wouldn't. They just type it. They have no one to hold them responsible. They can always claim they've heard it from a cource.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""