oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

6 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I mentioned on twitter, in reference to the Van Bergen collapse, how one of things I’d like to see Scott implement when he comes in is the stopping of leaked transfer information. 
I know I need to say three Hail Marys in reference to this thread, but I just don’t think it does our dealings any favours whatsoever. Personally speaking I could easily do without 1092 (and counting) pages of transfer news if it meant we had a better chance of securing our targets.

It's  a rumours page not a news page, so when I read it I know that nothing in here is guaranteed untill i see it announcedby the club.. Also I don't think scouts from Stade reims or any other team scours our message boards for the itks info to scupper our transfer dealings. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

To be honest it's never English media who break the news. The boro have stopped alot of information on our deals being made public. It's only been the selling clubs and foreign media that have reported our dealings. Flamengo for muniz they got a bidding war with Fulham. Then Van Bergen agent wanted to see if he could get a bigger contract once we agreed a deal. This information leaks can't be stopped at boros end. 

👏 You can’t suggest that though, it shows far too much common sense, it might upset our anti Warnock fans, they might not have a stick to beat him with on transfers otherwise 😉

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, DocMartin said:

👏 You can’t suggest that though, it shows far too much common sense, it might upset our anti Warnock fans, they might not have another stick to beat him with on transfers otherwise 😉

Fixed

3 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

👏 You can’t suggest that though, it shows far too much common sense, it might upset our anti Warnock fans, they might not have a stick to beat him with on transfers otherwise 😉

What the *** has Warnock got to do with this?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

It's  a rumours page not a news page, so when I read it I know that nothing in here is guaranteed untill i see it announcedby the club.. Also I don't think scouts from Stade reims or any other team scours our message boards for the itks info to scupper our transfer dealings. 

It’s demonstrative that information is coming out of the club about prospective transfers though. If it’s getting to Internet forums you can bet your pound to a pinch of *** it’s getting through to journalists and agents.

6 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

Has anyone thought of confidentiality clauses in initial agreements.  In theory that "gags" all parties

It just doesn’t seem to happen nowadays. The Danny Ings move was the last complete shock transfer I can remember for a while. Shows it is possible! 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I mentioned on twitter, in reference to the Van Bergen collapse, how one of things I’d like to see Scott implement when he comes in is the stopping of leaked transfer information. 
I know I need to say three Hail Marys in reference to this thread, but I just don’t think it does our dealings any favours whatsoever. Personally speaking I could easily do without 1092 (and counting) pages of transfer news if it meant we had a better chance of securing our targets.

How would we stop agents from leaking info to get their player a better deal? It’s basically their job. Or the players themselves? 

You control what you can which is the information coming out of the club. I’m not privy to all the ins and outs but when you’ve got people posting information on message boards quite frequently, you’ve got a problem.
I recall a period where the club did actually try to knuckle down on the leaks. I can’t quite recall which manager this was under though…might have been Mogga.

3 minutes ago, Humpty said:

You control what you can which is the information coming out of the club. I’m not privy to all the ins and outs but when you’ve got people posting information on message boards quite frequently, you’ve got a problem.
I recall a period where the club did actually try to knuckle down on the leaks. I can’t quite recall which manager this was under though…might have been Mogga.

The club are being very tight with info at the moment. As has been pointed out even the ITKs are not really breaking anything particularly out of the blue.

There is no chance you can control what foreign clubs and agents release. They’ll just be interested in getting the best deal. If you think it’s Boros fault that the French club has become aware of the Bergen transfer then perhaps you are being a bit naive. There is genuinely very little info coming out about targets and negotiations and this summer nothing has slipped out before it was reported in foreign media. Both the Bergen and Dompe bids have come completely out of the blue in foreign press and you can bet that in Bergen’s transfers it was his agent and with Dompe it was his club to alert other interested clubs. 

12 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Jean luc dompe, van bergen and hedges were possibly the 3 winger options? 

If that's the case then: MVBs a no go + Hedges is crocked = all in for Dompe.

Only for it to fall through 2 mins before the deadline.

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""