• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Well…both bits really.

I wouldn’t recommend looking back through a thousand pages to check, but if you did you wouldn’t find much at all that’s been posted on here before it was already in the public domain. Maybe a few hints and allusions here and there but no specifics. Warnock went bonkers this time last year after we missed a few, and he found the info had leaked out on the message boards. He read the riot act and now names don’t come out of the club, rather vague bits and pieces eg we’ve been looking at 3 wingers. 

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

It’s demonstrative that information is coming out of the club about prospective transfers though. If it’s getting to Internet forums you can bet your pound to a pinch of *** it’s getting through to journalists and agents.

Tbf who's got a good recent ITK record?

Not slandering anyone, but who was the last person to call something before it was Tweeted somewhere?

Or on the flipside, who says something before it comes out somewhere else?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Not slandering anyone, but who was the last person to call something before it was Tweeted somewhere?

Or on the flipside, who says something before it comes out somewhere else?

Info has 100% been harder to get this summer, I know that much for a fact.

9 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

The agents are the servant of the player.  If the player signs a confidentiality agreement it also binds the agent. 

If the player or club is in another country that may be more difficult

These types of arrangements are not uncommon in business and therefore the lawyers who can write them are ready and available for hire.

If the club want the transfer fee - they sign the confidentiality agreement .if the player wants the deal he signs the confidentiality agreement

No confidentiality - no deal

Good luck getting a player or agent to sign such an agreement before a deal has even begun to be discussed. I’d hazard a guess and say that’s impossible. 

And no confidentiality - no deal would leave us in the same spot but missing out on such player. We’d probably miss out on most players to be honest. Alerting other interested parties is just part and parcel of the game unless you are willing to pay wayyy over the top to keep it quite. 

6 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Lurker’s been pretty decent.

Just now, Brunners said:

Exactly, I just think losing out on a player is just one of those things when you are a second division side not necessarily loose lips...in this case, we've had direct quotes from the manager saying the player is leaving Holland.  

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

And so do I. The one main bit of ITK I’ve had is what I just posted about Warnock clamping down on ITK. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Yeah he is - I think he falls into the second category of not saying something ahead of time. 

Got nowhere near as much as I used to. 
Years ago I got it from the CFO so was always spot on. 

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Can't think of one exclusive info that came from here or any forum this summer, the only news we ever get is to say deals have fell through 

I think that news often leaks easier because of its nature, if I had to guess.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""