oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Burke would probably cost more than Dompe in fee and wages, so I'd much rather have Dompe. Burke would almost have to be a free transfer for me to find it interesting. Maybe the infamous 500k.

burke seems like a ravel morrison type. has the tools but the brain nullifies the usage lol

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Burke would probably cost more than Dompe in fee and wages, so I'd much rather have Dompe. Burke would almost have to be a free transfer for me to find it interesting. Maybe the infamous 500k.

They wanted €5 million for Dompe. Surely Burke won’t be that much?

1 hour ago, DevKWat said:

So Rangers and a lower Prem. Maybe there’s now a bit more caution after his recent turnaround, I’m still in the anything around £5m camp

rangers need to sell after ko'd from CL. very much doubt its them. pretty much has to be celtic.

6 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

They wanted €5 million for Dompe. Surely Burke won’t be that much?

What they want and what they'll get is very different. Apparently they need money and I don't think there is a clamour for his signing. Reckon we could negotiate a much lower price than 5 mil euros and maybe add a promotion bonus.

Remember that guy Adama who had no end product and then all of a sudden it clicked and he got a big money move and now plays premier league and international football? 

Sometimes it’s worth having a gamble on a player. If they were the finished article, I doubt they would come to boro. Warnock in his credit seems to have a knack for spotting good wingers in his career. Just like you’d never think Pulis would be the man to get Adama firing, maybe Warnock would be able to help Burke?

Do we need numbers? Yes. Can he play in multiple positions? Yes. Is he still young and yet to his his peak? Yes. Has he got a lot to prove after a disappointing career? Yes. 

Just like when we signed Watmore, Ikpeazu, Morsy, Dijksteele and Bola.. sometimes it’s the names who don’t instantly fill you with excitement after looking at their stats who turn out to be solid players. Genuinely I love Uche, but if you’d have said to me that we would sign him at the end of the season I’d have laughed and said we could do better. How wrong I was (so far). 

#GlassHalfFullDay

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Having just seen the Siliki youtube video I love him already🤣

I've fallen into that trap too. 🤣🤣

Looks very comfortable on the ball.

Edited by Smogzilla
9 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Just like when we signed Watmore, Ikpeazu, Morsy, Dijksteele and Bola.. sometimes it’s the names who don’t instantly fill you with excitement after looking at their stats who turn out to be solid players.

I suppose the main difference is the price. Those players you’ve listed were all shrewd signings coming in at less than £2m. 

I know they perhaps aren’t the most reliable but transfermarkt have Burke’s value down as £5.4m which is a rather expensive gamble. For the right price it might be worth considering.

you can watch full 90min of siliki vs chelsea in the champions league last season. its mad we are getting him. they must be skint. regular starter for a top end french side coming to us. its bonkers. hes lmin this match link.

https://www.chelseafc.com/es/videos/v/2020/11/25/full-match--rennes-1-2-chelsea--a----champions-league-highlights-qcJZoEE0

4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I've fallen into thst trap too. 🤣🤣

Looks very comfortable on the ball.

Yes he looks like exactly what we’ve been missing for my money. Big strong lad in the midfield with some real power and technique. Doesn’t look like he’d have any issues adjusting to the physicality of the championship.

Trying not to get too carried away until it’s signed and sealed though as per usual.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

you can watch full 90min of siliki vs chelsea in the champions league last season. its mad we are getting him. they must be skint. regular starter for a top end french side coming to us. its bonkers. hes lmin this match link.

https://www.chelseafc.com/es/videos/v/2020/11/25/full-match--rennes-1-2-chelsea--a----champions-league-highlights-qcJZoEE0

Problem is he's coming in on loan. If he impresses there is a good chance that bigger clubs will also be interested, and he could  just reject our offer and move elsewhere. But i guess beggars can't be choosers.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""