• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DevKWat said:

I still don’t really know what you mean by this?

His son is an agent and has his own contacts and agency I think. It’s something warnock is known for apparently, trying to use his sons clients as much as possible. I’d be interested to know if olusanya and Burke are linked to him in some way. Also that striker they had that crashed in the plane was done through his son from what I read.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

The criticism for Burke from Sheff Utd fans is alarmingly overwhelming. But I watched their opening game against Birmingham and he was by far the biggest attacking threat they had, made a lot of smart runs and hit the post. 

Sheffield United fans are no doubt slating him because since Wilder left their team has been on a downward spiral.  Burke hasn't lived up to their high expectations but that doesn't mean he's useless.  If he was firing on all cylinders we wouldn't have a chance with him.  that's the way things go.

Just now, Youngy228 said:

Sheffield United fans are no doubt slating him because since Wilder left their team has been on a downward spiral.  Burke hasn't lived up to their high expectations but that doesn't mean he's useless.  If he was firing on all cylinders we wouldn't have a chance with him.  that's the way things go.

I watch Sheffield United a lot (partner a Blades fan) I don’t think it’s high expectations tbh, he’s just been a poor signing, quick but not shown much else for them. Which I think was basically what West Brom fans said when Sheff United signed him. 

17 minutes ago, BoroYorkie said:

I watch Sheffield United a lot (partner a Blades fan) I don’t think it’s high expectations tbh, he’s just been a poor signing, quick but not shown much else for them. Which I think was basically what West Brom fans said when Sheff United signed him. 

Sorry - maybe poorly worded.  I don't mean he hasn't been poor for them.

I was meaning when they signed him they would be hoping he'd be a good signing for them.  As are we.  But if he had been a good signing then there's no way he'd be available.

• Like 1

To be fair to Burke, he was quite often played as a striker under Wilder. Can't blame a lad for not playing his best when you're negating his positive attributes in a completely unsuitable position.

He does have something a prove. A loan with an option to buy and he might be wanting to prove everyone wrong.

• Like 1

What we're all saying now is what I remember Sheffield United fans saying when they signed him, and West Brom fans were all warning them he's just a pace merchant.

Funnily enough I see a lot of slander of the Scottish League on this board, but ask a Celtic fan how Burke was in the Scottish league...

I think burke is a poor to average signing, but at least he has the upside of being young enough that his best could still be coming, unlike the majority of our signings under Warnock. For this reason, I'm not totally against it and hope he will come good. 

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I think burke is a poor to average signing, but at least he has the upside of being young enough that his best could still be coming, unlike the majority of our signings under Warnock. For this reason, I'm not totally against it and hope he will come good. 

Yeah it's a poor signing tbh. I hope we sign another winger with him but I doubt we will. 

• Like 1

Forgive me if I've missed it, but did we ever find out who the "shock signing" was? I seem to remember a few weeks back that we were going to sign something that would've been a major coup if we'd pulled it off. Then... nothing? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, juninho9 said:

Forgive me if I've missed it, but did we ever find out who the "shock signing" was? I seem to remember a few weeks back that we were going to sign something that would've been a major coup if we'd pulled it off. Then... nothing? 

Yeah it was Peltier

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Warnock for a man who is heralded as refreshingly honest and to be honest I thought that too at his previously clubs, but now I dont believe a word he says. Hes always got an agenda, whether its against referees, recruitment, agents or even his own players.

Cant be bothered paying attention to anything he says nowadays

• Like 8
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""