oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

Here is my perspective for what its worth.

INS

Lumley - Good early signing on a free.  Probably could have done better but only by paying a fee.  Was important to get a keeper in early.

Daniels - Another good signing.  Think he can challenge Lumley and certainly a more than capable deputy.

Peltier - A good versatile backup.  Free.  Low enough wages.  Could come in and do a job as backup.

Bamba - Underrated signing in my opinion.  Free.  Great to bring on in a tight situation.  Likely will be helping younger players and doing some coaching.  

Payero - Standout signing.  Massive potential. Slight concern at Warnock comments but hope that he is just being realistic about early expectations.

Olusanya - A total punt. Worth it.  No risk involved at all.

Ameobi - Was never sold by this but again was free.  Unfortunate injury.

Crooks - Great signing.  Decent guy.  Has played well so far.  Offers more than other midfielders going forward.

Ikpeazu - Good signing for money.  Workhorse. Doesn't give away half the fouls/offsides Britt did.  Not enough to rely on though.

OUTS

Brynn - Good to go out for experience.

Coulson - Disappointed.  If we had brought another left sided defender in fine.  But we are a body short and he was our player so shouldn't matter if he wanted to go.  Feel Warnock has told him he's not what he's looking for.

Wing - Similar to Coulson in terms of Warnock relationship judging by his comments since.  Happy he is out on loan as he shouldn't get into our team based on current squaD.

Akpom - Pleased he got a move.  He isn't suited to us and we aren't suited to him.  Disappointed in way Warnock has managed this one though.

MISSED OUT 

van Bergen/Muniz - Not sure what we have to really grumble about.  We have lost out to a Ligue 1 French side and the favourites for promotion back to Premier League with the pull of London.  If these players were signing for Preston or Blackburn over us then fair enough.  Our recruitment team have found players who were also courted by bigger clubs.  We agreed deals but ultimately players chose elsewhere and for reasons I understand.

Possibles

Sporar - exciting acquisition.  Whether he suits championship and whether he's a Warnock player is yet to be seen!

Burke - I honestly don't mind this one providing the money is right.  Warnock could be the manager to make things click for him.  

You’re far too positive for this board… sign out immediately!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

Here is my perspective for what its worth.

INS

Lumley - Good early signing on a free.  Probably could have done better but only by paying a fee.  Was important to get a keeper in early.

Daniels - Another good signing.  Think he can challenge Lumley and certainly a more than capable deputy.

Peltier - A good versatile backup.  Free.  Low enough wages.  Could come in and do a job as backup.

Bamba - Underrated signing in my opinion.  Free.  Great to bring on in a tight situation.  Likely will be helping younger players and doing some coaching.  

Payero - Standout signing.  Massive potential. Slight concern at Warnock comments but hope that he is just being realistic about early expectations.

Olusanya - A total punt. Worth it.  No risk involved at all.

Ameobi - Was never sold by this but again was free.  Unfortunate injury.

Crooks - Great signing.  Decent guy.  Has played well so far.  Offers more than other midfielders going forward.

Ikpeazu - Good signing for money.  Workhorse. Doesn't give away half the fouls/offsides Britt did.  Not enough to rely on though.

OUTS

Brynn - Good to go out for experience.

Coulson - Disappointed.  If we had brought another left sided defender in fine.  But we are a body short and he was our player so shouldn't matter if he wanted to go.  Feel Warnock has told him he's not what he's looking for.

Wing - Similar to Coulson in terms of Warnock relationship judging by his comments since.  Happy he is out on loan as he shouldn't get into our team based on current squaD.

Akpom - Pleased he got a move.  He isn't suited to us and we aren't suited to him.  Disappointed in way Warnock has managed this one though.

MISSED OUT 

van Bergen/Muniz - Not sure what we have to really grumble about.  We have lost out to a Ligue 1 French side and the favourites for promotion back to Premier League with the pull of London.  If these players were signing for Preston or Blackburn over us then fair enough.  Our recruitment team have found players who were also courted by bigger clubs.  We agreed deals but ultimately players chose elsewhere and for reasons I understand.

Possibles

Sporar - exciting acquisition.  Whether he suits championship and whether he's a Warnock player is yet to be seen!

Burke - I honestly don't mind this one providing the money is right.  Warnock could be the manager to make things click for him.  

Careful you! Coming on here with your well thought out balanced and objective opinions. There’s no place for common sense my friend and whatever you do don’t come on here on deadline day spouting it.

• Haha 1

The made up midfielder transfer doesn't really change anything for me.

It was out of the blue and strange given we're not short on midfielders, even if some of those we have aren't playing well.

If we get Sporar, a winger, and a left back then I'd call it a successful window.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Careful you! Coming on here with your well thought out balanced and objective opinions. There’s no place for common sense my friend and whatever you do don’t come on here on deadline day spouting it.

Without having a go at him, or you, is it well thought out, balanced, and objective if every single signing we've made is regarded as a good one?  And the two prospective signings are also good ones, and the one we missed out on well we can't grumble can we?  I suppose it's possible that they are all good or even great signings, actually scratch that, I don't think it is possible, because they all aren't. 

This is another window that has promised much but truly our squad currently is not strong enough to win promotion. So it's failure am glad Scott is arriving soon as they has got to be something badly going wrong behind the sceans. I am glad we have this anyalist though atleast he seems to be able to spread the net and target alot more foreign players with potential. We just don't have the correct team to negotiate deals over the line as Bausor is rubbish. 

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It was out of the blue and strange given we're not short on midfielders, even if some of those we have aren't playing well.

If we get Sporar, a winger, and a left back then I'd call it a successful window.

Second that.

8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think I'd wait to see if we actually end up as a better team before deciding if it's successful or not.   I'd say we're at least a little way off that right now?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Without having a go at him, or you, is it well thought out, balanced, and objective if every single signing we've made is regarded as a good one?  And the two prospective signings are also good ones, and the one we missed out on well we can't grumble can we?  I suppose it's possible that they are all good or even great signings, actually scratch that, I don't think it is possible, because they all aren't. 

I don't see it as having a go at all mate.

I don't intend to repeat the reasonings that I gave as they are mine and I'm happy others have different opinions.  

I was really trying to get across that actually our window in my opinion so far has been good.  Not outstanding.  But certainly not a shambles.  We had an incredibly weak squad and needed reinforcements.  I don't think we are particularly stronger than last year.  

I agree that some of the players I think are good singings might turn out not to be but when you factor in cost/risk etc then I think the only one who has the potential to be a really poor signing is Payero due to the fact he is the biggest risk.  

Also I'm say we can't grumble that we missed out on Muniz/van Bergen - but I think we would grumble more if they went to Blackburn but they went to bigger clubs.  I was gutted about Siliki as I think that would have shown huge intent too.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Ok fair enough. We should wait and see what actually happens before laying into the club.

Just now, scotty189 said:

So with Tuesday looming, what's everyone s predictions I'm going :

Sporar, 

Lb, joe Bennett

Winger, Oliver burke.

I might be in the minority but I'd be well happy with this.

If the left back was somebody other than Bennett, so would I.

18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Think it will have been a good window in terms of getting replacements in on much cheaper wages and terms.

But in terms of quality not really.

The midfield will still be really poor and we'll have a lack of good quality options in attack.

The positives are we clearly have money and won't have spent much apart from on Payero so it will mean the new manager will have money to spend, a new head of recruitment and hopefully some new players he can use like Crooks, Payero and Ikpeazu.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think I'd wait to see if we actually end up as a better team before deciding if it's successful or not.   I'd say we're at least a little way off that right now?

It's going to be hard to judge for a while anyway, we'd have brought in 12 players, that's a lot of new bodies to gel.

Admittedly Peltier, Bamba and Daniels aren't here to be regular players, and I suspect the left back won't be either, so let's say 8 players that you'd expect to feature regularly.

Possibly 7 depending on how Olusanya pans out, he might end up on the distance fringe.

But I already rate Crooks and Ikpeazu.

The jury is still out on Payero.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""