• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just a thought, have WE pulled the plug on Saliki as opposed to him choosing Alaves over us, because we know we'll run out of time to make the deal before the transfer window shuts and we'd rather focus on getting domestic signings in instead?

Or am I just clutching at straws that yet another player chose elsewhere over us?

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Just a thought, have WE pulled the plug on Saliki as opposed to him choosing Alaves over us, because we know we'll run out of time to make the deal before the transfer window shuts and we'd rather focus on getting domestic signings in instead?

Or am I just clutching at straws that yet another player chose elsewhere over us?

Well so far the dutch lad has chosen top flight french team over a second tier England team and if Saliki chooses Alaves he would rather play in La Liga over the championship so imo it is nothing to worry about.

At least shows we are targeting good players and possibly players above our current level

46 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

My worry with Burke is he has a history of moving for hefty transfer fees and I can't imagine him moving for less than 4/5 million. I get the feeling he might be the player who Warnock was saying he'd love to have etc when he was notified of them being available.

With the injury record of Watmore/Ameobi and to some extent Burke I suspect we might see a fair amount of Crooks and Spence in wide positions this season if Burke's the only wide signing we make.

His last move was a swap deal so technically no money or anything owed to West Brom, which means easier to cut losses

25 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

To be fair that ties in with what Warnock said in the press conference but he says a lot of garbage, so hard to tell

🤣.... Christ .. within a few hours not checking, we're not getting this Siliki (sp?), now?? No longer surprising, entirely used to it. 

Just waiting for Sporar to mess up last minute on deadline day now. 

I'll just pretend it's a few year back and Burke is a decent looking signing 🤣

Perhaps we should just stop punching above our weight and go for more lads from non-league and forget about this window once and for all. It's done my head in. 

I wasn't optimistic about it anyway, but to expect a top six challenge with what we have right now is crackers really. I'll look forward to another season of finishing tenth, then I'm hoping this fella from Norwich is going to start getting us some gems in and the real work starts. 

I know who I'd love next in as manager but we can leave that discussion until end of the season. Haha

• Like 1

With the window starting to close and Joe Bennett looking very much like the back up Left Back along with his injury issues and Ameobi already sending in his sick notes am I the only one thinking Coulson to Ipswich, Why? 

I never rated Bennett when he was here and nothing since has changed that opinion but now that he is getting on and has questionable fitness why on Earth would you sign him? Even more perplexing is that given a choice between Bennett and  Coulson or even Coulson or Ameobi come to that, it makes more sense to me to pick Coulson surely. If we are talking a top class LB or LW then fine but I don't rate either of them and whilst Coulson may not be the finished article he does at least stay reasonably fit.

This coming season is already leaving me massively underwhelmed not helped by the Derby "performance" and I use the word "performance" very liberally.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sambaDTR said:

Listening to Warnock today, he indicated that, with the signings so far, the squad is not good enough to go up. He said that he has never known it so hard to get deals over the line. He knows we need left side cover and forward signings before Tuesday so let’s hope we can get them in. 😬

Warnock has signed 20 players in 14 months with 2 or 3 more to come in. So why does he think the squad isn't good enough to get promoted?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Warnock has signed 20 players in 14 months with 2 or 3 more to come in. So why does he think the squad isn't good enough to get promoted?

Now that we have lost our big money (STAR!) strikers at the end of the season, how many forwards has he signed who are still here? (Loans)! If Uche eh eh and Crooks get injured, with Whatmore’s injury history, who will play up front? It is the 2 or 3 more coming in, that you mention, who are the key. 👍

Edited by sambaDTR
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, sambaDTR said:

Now that we have lost our big money (STAR!) strikers at the end of the season, how many forwards has he signed who are still here? (Loans)! If Uche eh eh and Crooks get injured, with Whatmore’s injury history, who will play up front? It is the 2 or 3 more coming in, that you mention, who are the key. 👍

You're very forgiving mate. If I was a chairman who had sanctioned 20 deals for a manager in just over a year if be furious if he thought he hadn't been given enough to achieve his goals 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""