oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

It will be interesting to see how we lineup with Sporar, I'm not sure if the Gazette are describing Sporar as 'can play across all 3 forward positions' based on their research into his career or based on how Boro insiders are describing him to them.

After seeing us stick 6 foot 4 Crooks wide right I can't imagine Warnock having any issue playing Sporar on a wing myself, our club does have form for sticking strikers on the wing including Pulis infamously experimenting with Hugill and Britt in wide areas as well as playing Braithwaite as a wing back.

I'm hoping we're signing Sporar as a #9 but then again I thought we signed Payero to be a #8 and I've seen Warnock stick him as a 10, on a wing and against QPR as some sort of second striker type deal so who knows what Warnock's planning.

Goals get teams promoted from what I can see the only player in our squad that seems to have the talent to get 20+ goals would be Sporar so if I was Warnock build everything around him and let others like Crooks, Uche etc chip in where they can.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

or just could just have google chrome auto translate french like me lol. 

siliki.PNG

I did lol, wasn’t really aimed at you in particular it’s just happened a lot these last few days.

• Like 1

be buzzing if we get siliki, he'll add real quality on the pitch for us, with onel and sporar coming in we will improve the first 11 we are capable of putting out and our best 11 will be better. 

uche and spence missing today, leaving us play crooks up front. hopefully having to play someone out of position after one illness/injury wont be so likely after the window shuts.

Just to point out I think the source quoted in that article is the one that initially broke the story a few days ago so it may not be the most up to date information as I don’t think he’s come out with any updates since.

Hopefully the updates that have come out tonight from the other journos are legit and not just more agent spin.

2 hours ago, JTG said:

Just to point out I think the source quoted in that article is the one that initially broke the story a few days ago so it may not be the most up to date information as I don’t think he’s come out with any updates since.

Hopefully the updates that have come out tonight from the other journos are legit and not just more agent spin.

Loïc Tanzi seems to be the most reputable of the journalists covering this, and he seems to think the move is back on.

Screenshot_20210829-071740.png

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar

It was definitely happening, then it was off, now it's definitely happening again.

I'm very sceptical given there seems to be nothing coming out on our end and it appeared from nowhere.

Hope it does happen, but I think it's just agents playing their games to get him a better deal.

https://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/football/stade-rennais/stade-rennais-finalement-le-mercato-n-est-pas-boucle-gaetan-laborde-dans-le-viseur-409179ba-07cd-11ec-bfa4-75104aca6d46

Or, to save messing about

"On the other hand, Brandon Soppy should leave well for Udinese, James Léa Siliki will play in the English 2nd division in Middlesbrough and Rafik Guitane will leave for Reims (who plans to lend him to Portugal). On the other hand, still no progress for Maouassa, Niang and especially Camavinga, undoubtedly dependent on negotiations concerning Mbappé, for a possible departure from PSG.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

if we  can get sporor over the line and looks like we have hernandez,and if we could somehow manage to get lea siliki then this is a better transfer window thay any of us could have imagined,by the way the team was on top form yesterday,despite the result,im very upbeat!!!!utfb

• Like 6
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""