oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I always think that the best way to judge a new signing is to look at the selling teams fans’ opinions of them as they are the ones who have watched the player week in, week out for a period of time.

I was all for us signing van Bergen. Mainly because we are in desperate need of pace and creativity, which, going off the YouTube videos, van Bergen appeared to have. However the overwhelming majority of Heerenveen’s fans did not appear to rate him which was a worry. 

However, if you go and look at the Norwich fans’ opinions of Hernandez, they are overwhelmingly positive and he appears to be a massive fans favourite there. The big challenge appears to be keeping him fit, but if we can, then it seems like we could potentially have a really good player. 

Well he was a star player as they won the league 2 years back just had alot of injuries since 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Is there a link to this or have you heard something? 

Just stuff I’ve been told. Obviously can’t say who but it’s someone I’d expect to know. 

• Like 2
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Nope, he was still under contract. We paid a fee for him.

Ah I see. Bit weird that then. Signed him only a year ago for a fee, for the first 11. Pretty much played every game when he has been fit bar only a few. Signed by Warnock so it’s not exactly like a new manager has came in and doesn’t fancy him.

Doubt we’d get huge fee from Ipswich or make a profit? Odd

2 minutes ago, CWC said:

Just stuff I’ve been told. Obviously can’t say who but it’s someone I’d expect to know. 

Cheers. Hopefully your source is correct. Would love to add that extra quality in the middle.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Ah I see. Bit weird that then. Signed him only a year ago for a fee, for the first 11. Pretty much played every game when he has been fit bar only a few. Signed by Warnock so it’s not exactly like a new manager has came in and doesn’t fancy him.

Doubt we’d get huge fee from Ipswich or make a profit? Odd

He did play a fair bit but he was essentially doing box-to-box and trying to create for us at points last season and that's just not what he's meant to be in a team to do. Which raises the question why did Warnock want him at all. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

morsy isnt good enough for the prem. neither is howson. but at least howson has played there. if i was keeping one i'd keep howson. thats if we went up. paddy would be better suited to the prem than the champo to imo. although morsy offers something the others dont  he is still probably our weakest cm. howson as much as his legs are slowing, still showed yesterday he has more ability than morsy.

if we get JLS one of them will barely play and we all know how much NW loves howson. JLS as a proper all round cm. get payero and tav infront of him. i winder if tav will play central now with onel right jones left.

------------sporar/uche

jones-----------------------Hernandez

-------------tav crooks

-----------------JLS

Bola------fry---paddy/hall------dijk

payero can come on as sub until he gets up to speed an proves undroppable at one point ala jones(hopefully)

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He did play a fair bit but he was essentially doing box-to-box and trying to create for us at points last season and that's just not what he's meant to be in a team to do. Which raises the question why did Warnock want him at all. 🤷‍♂️

Exactly, but then that’s just weird as Warnock must have wanted Morsy to play there and fancied him to do a job. If he didn’t like him there then why does he play nearly every game when he’s fit? Really odd.

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Exactly, but then that’s just weird as Warnock must have wanted Morsy to play there and fancied him to do a job. If he didn’t like him there then why does he play nearly every game when he’s fit? Really odd.

He might see an opportunity to make a quick buck on him while bringing in a superior replacement?

• Like 1

Morsy's main problem is he can't get out to people quick enough so he's always chasing or having to foul the trickier players, he gives it his best but when it's him and Howson together the opposition can sometimes carry the ball 30 yards before someone catches up with them.

The figure we bought Morsy for has never been disclosed in the press but I do remember a Wigan reporter saying it was closer to £500,000 than 7 figures. We have to be asking for 7 figures for him with 2 years left on his contract though, let's see if Ipswich stump up the cash.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""