• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

Selling a committed member of the squad for a unproven loan signing doesn't really sit well with me.

A 25 year old with experience in ligue 1 and the champions league on a loan with an option to buy. Or a championship player who is 30 in two weeks. I think you can definitely understand why the club are doing it if it happens. Get some money back in from morsy and replace him with somebody younger and hopefully better

• Like 4

Another question is would Morsy even want to join Ipswich. He’s playing regular football for a mid-level championship club aiming for top 6. All of a sudden dropping a whole division? This would honestly be one of the weirdest transfers I’ve seen at boro in a long time.

5 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Selling a committed member of the squad for a unproven loan signing doesn't really sit well with me.

It might be Morsy who wants the move, he'd be playing for a manager he likes and he knows trusts him.

• Like 1
Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Another question is would Morsy even want to join Ipswich. He’s playing regular football for a mid-level championship club aiming for top 6. All of a sudden dropping a whole division? This would honestly be one of the weirdest transfers I’ve seen at boro in a long time.

Paul Cook would be a big reason. Plus as an Egyptian International, I don't think playing in league1  will influence his selection much. 

• Like 1

If we get Sporar, Siliki, Bennett and a pacey striker over the line in the next couple of days, that would be an incredible end to the window from the club.

• Like 1

I like Morsy, yes he has limitations, but he gives 100%. He does have a reputation which referees seem to hold and allow to cloud their vision though.  Yesterday was a clear example for me, that and the ref, who lives a whole 11 miles from Blackburn, reluctantly sent off their player, proved far too quick to take the earliest opportunity to even things up for me. However, if we can upgrade Morsy with Siliki (or any player for that matter) then we should, but it will clearly come with risks given injury records and a lack of championship experience. 

I have mixed feelings but will trust our decision makers to make the right call.

• Like 3

Let's be honest. Morsy does do a job but he's limited. As much as I like him as a person, he's got a great attitude and works hard he's not good enough standard to be a starter in a team chasing promotion. Fine of the bench for 15-20 minutes to see out a game but he's a lower-end Championship standard player and I would welcome a replacement of real quality as it's something we massively lack.

Would he go to Ipswich.? He's been managed by Paul Cook before but for me he's good enough for the Championship. He may see a promotion push in a team where he'll be vital and guaranteed to play every game as an appealing move.

I wouldn't say no to keeping him for the bench but I wouldn't want him being a starter for us.

Wasn’t there a rumour before that Morsy had fallen out with Warnock due to the vaccine thing?

A prominent player at my local side (Yeovil Town) is really good friends with Morsy and does lots of quite unusual things with him like 14 day water cleanses with no food. I can see why his new-age style would clash with Warnock’s personal vaccine beliefs. I’m not intending for this to be a pro/anti vax thing, so let’s not go there, but could just be a possible reason 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""