• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Riverside94 said:

Anything been said about appealing the red?

warnock said they would straight after the game.

With an international break we will now well in advance of the next game

14 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

we can finally afford to start buiding a squad!

so much wage and FFP space after the big fee buys and high wage guys have left. 

What with loans, ageing players and players from lower end of the championship who admittedly have done ok so far. We need to get in more like Payero and less of the Ameobi, Bamba and Peltier type playes. No future in them.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

What with loans, ageing players and players from lower end of the championship who admittedly have done ok so far. We need to get in more like Payero and less of the Ameobi, Bamba and Peltier type playes. No future in them.

erm... players that improve the squad.

and i think all this seasons players do.  Even Ameobi is a better option (when fit) than what we had at the start of last season.

Bamba and Peltier are great Pro's and will set a great example for the younger players

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

We need to get in more like Payero and less of the Ameobi, Bamba and Peltier type playes. No future in them.

I know nothing about Payero but I am adopting a wait and see attitude with him.  Hopefully he makes it but he could just as easily be Morelli, Arthuri, Marenellie or a Zucculini. 

fully agree on Ameobi and i think one of Bamba or Peltier would have been okay.

Just now, Rat catcher said:

Ameobi, Bamba and Peltier Cannot think of a top championship side that would take either of them and certainly not all three. They must have been free and cheap wages.

uh...yes? That was kind of the point of bringing them in.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Ameobi, Bamba and Peltier Cannot think of a top championship side that would take either of them and certainly not all three. They must have been free and cheap wages.

they didn't join a top championship side, they joined a weak squad that needed better players than it had, and one that lacked leaders.

Bamba and Peltier do bring experience of being key figures in a top championship side, so you can be happy with that.

Edited by Mr_Maz
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Rat catcher said:

Leaders need to be out on the pitch not sat in the dressing room or on the treatment table. If we aspire to be a top quartile team how does signing injury prone players help our cause ?

i can tell you from someone with a decent history is team sports, thats bullcrap.

but each to their own

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Couple of questions

we have just done signing No 10.

so how do we think the squad compares the to one that started the season, the one that finished the season. And what about the first 11?

Honestly it’s hard to say at this point in time. 
There’s still question marks over the players we’ve signed, especially the foreign lads as to whether they are actually any good. (This is including Payero, Sporar and Siliki). They could just be *** and in that case our squad is worse. A lot also depends on whether Jones can keep his current form up for the full season. Hopefully the new lads add that bit of quality and the squad ends up being an improvement. 
For me the jury is still out.

• Like 2

I can see Sheff U having our eyes out with Burke, surely we aren't contemplating a loan because for them to loan him to a division rival they'd want silly money as a loan fee. 

I do think we could do with a pacey forward who can cover across the front 3 so for me Burke would fit that role but the financials for him, even if it's a loan, would be hideously inflated in my opinion.

I have wondered since Muniz fell through and the links to Bidwell/Van Bergen etc emerged if the money was burning a hole and if we get Sporar/Siliki/Bennett in over the next 48 hours, you'd think Warnock calculates he's got money left on the table for someone like Burke but if I was Gibson I'd be ultra cautious with chasing Burke the loan fee would be so high it would be one of those deals where you almost have to take an option to buy up because you've sunk such a large sum into him in the first place.

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""