• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sam-morsys-middlesbrough-future-balance-21436414

morsy article

Says there is championship interest. Morsy doesn’t want to leave. Morsy knows he is unlikely to start every game. Ipswich is unlikely. Will only be allowed to leave if we get a replacement

Edited by BoroJake
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would happily keep morsy. Even if we get JLS.  Thought we looked a lot stronger with 3 at the back yesterday. I think it suits us. McNair is a lot better at the back as part of a 3.  I think we have been at our best with that formation. Even when woodgate was here. 
morsy and howson broke the play up class yesterday and we constantly had 5 players in front of them. And with all the new forward reinforcements there’s plenty of options going forward 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

I would happily keep morsy. Even if we get JLS.  Thought we looked a lot stronger with 3 at the back yesterday. I think it suits us. McNair is a lot better at the back as part of a 3.  I think we have been at our best with that formation. Even when woodgate was here. 
morsy and howson broke the play up class yesterday and we constantly had 5 players in front of them. And with all the new forward reinforcements there’s plenty of options going forward 

It was literally the best howson has looked all season. First time we’ve really dominated a game too. I personally think it’s a mistake to get rid of Morsy (if it happens).

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, caseybwoy said:

It was literally the best howson has looked all season. First time we’ve really dominated a game too. I personally think it’s a mistake to get rid of Morsy (if it happens).

I appreciate your point, I like Morsy and think he makes us a better team, albeit in an ugly way. He is the sort of player most teams hate to play against but you want in your team. However, that said, I have no issue any player going providing their replacement is an upgrade. The problem is, upgrades are never 100% guaranteed to be so, they are a gamble like most transfers. I like the fact we are trying to upgrade where we can, it shows real ambition, something that has been a little lacking of late.

• Like 3

the only reason to sell Morsy, is the same reason you sell anyone (who isn't a key player) = if it's a good deal that you think will let you bring in someone better for the team/squad.

I like him, but won't be too stressed if we replace him

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

He's the only lad that isn't afraid to put his foot in and every squad needs someone like that.

Would be a strange one. But like Coulson going we don't seem to be waiting for replacements to be in before moving players out. Seeing Fry at left back or left sided of centre half showed how short we are.

If we could get Lea-Siliki in and keep Morsy too I’d have no problem at all. But if it’s one or the other, or we happen to get a great bid in for Morsy that’s over our valuation we take it. 

We clearly have an upgrade coming in otherwise its bizarre. Unfortunately it  sounds like we're pushing him to go by making other clubs aware he's available. He's a okay cdm gets stuck in and does the other side of the game very well however when he's in possession like on Saturday he doesn't have the passing ability to get us on the front foot so he recycles the ball sideways or backwards which isn't always a bad thing,maybe Warnock has been told play Payaro 😂

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""