• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/football/stade-rennais/stade-rennais-soppy-maouassa-lea-siliki-et-guitane-sont-partis-04bbefe8-09ac-11ec-82a5-fcae259b0fc1

This article states that Siliki has flown to England, it appears to be a Brittany (Rennes) based news outlet.

flew to england showed picture, but said off to join cameroon squad lols

8 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

https://amp.ouest-france.fr/sport/football/stade-rennais/stade-rennais-soppy-maouassa-lea-siliki-et-guitane-sont-partis-04bbefe8-09ac-11ec-82a5-fcae259b0fc1?__twitter_impression=true

Mercato. Rennais Stadium. Soppy, Maouassa, Léa Siliki and Guitane are gone

James Léa Siliki flew to England and the Middlesbrough club which is playing in the Championship, the English second division.

but the guy with 200 followers said he rejected us!😏

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Has your guy told you anything else?

Only that we are still trying to sort Burke with Sheff U. No idea on financial figures though.

Spence will go apparently if it goes through.

3 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

I hope we go in for Maja I really do. Use the Muniz money.

Sporar, Maja and Siliki would really be promotion contender signings.

While I'm really happy Boro are going for all these signings, I still have reservations about whether Warnock will know how to use them to best advantage...or if he'll even want to play them...and whether he'll be able to get consistent performances out of the squad to actually have us challenging for promotion.

I'm also wondering what Keiran Scott and the new manager will make of all these players. If they don't rate them, it could make things a bit awkward.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

While I'm really happy Boro are going for all these signings, I still have reservations about whether Warnock will know how to use them to best advantage...or if he'll even want to play them...and whether he'll be able to get consistent performances out of the squad to actually have us challenging for promotion.

I'm also wondering what Keiran Scott and the new manager will make of all these players. If they don't rate them, it could make things a bit awkward.

Warnock will always select players who earn his trust, it's up to the signings to do that.

Scott will know what type of players the clubs recruitment team is trying for, and what the plan is for the future. So, i'd expect that he is onboard with our general approach.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

Neil's got it right with Payero. Even Messi didn't play in his new club’s first two games and only got a sub's appearance in his third. Wonder if he's up to speed yet? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Surely they should be ‘working from home’ the day before deadline day though 😅

I could be wrong, but when it comes to football transfers I'd have thought bank holidays were ignored (unless people have holidays booked and are actually unavailable).

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Make no mistake, Scott is involved.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I could be wrong, but when it comes to football transfers I'd have thought bank holidays were ignored (unless people have holidays booked and are actually unavailable).

The clubs will still be working but you couldn’t officially get signings done on a bank holiday as the staff at the EFL & PL we’re off. Probably changed now. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Neil's got it right with Payero. Even Messi didn't play in his new club’s first two games and only got a sub's appearance in his third. Wonder if he's up to speed yet? 

Well Messi is competing with Neymar and Mbappe.

Payero is competing with...Crooks and Olusanye?

I've no doubt Messi will get up to speed soon. Whether Warnock thinks the same of Payero is another matter.

Just now, Lurker said:

The clubs will still be working but you couldn’t officially get signings done on a bank holiday as the staff at the EFL & PL we’re off. Probably changed now. 

Have you heard anything about Siliki @Lurker? Is he coming in to Boro?

• Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""