• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, Foogle said:

If this is what we can expect from future windows under Scott then I'm all for it! Lots of pretty exciting names put forward even if a lot of them haven't come off.

we had the FFP space and desperate need for numbers this season.

in the coming windows it will probably depend on what dealing we do, selling one of the homegrown players for a big fee will give us the best FFP opportunity

• Like 1

I like the McGrath signing but what does it mean for Payero?

Already well stocked in that sort of role with Crooks, Tav and potentially McGrath coming in

Can't see us signing McGrath to play wide? 

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

we had the FFP space and desperate need for numbers this season.

in the coming windows it will probably depend on what dealing we do, selling one of the homegrown players for a big fee will give us the best FFP opportunity

It's not even the number of signings for me, really just the calibre of the players targeted and some of the exotic names speaks to us casting our net out wide. Not that it always works out with exotic names.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, LBP said:

I like the McGrath signing but what does it mean for Payero?

Already well stocked in that sort of role with Crooks, Tav and potentially McGrath coming in

Can't see us signing McGrath to play wide? 

It will all depend on the formation we play.

DM/CM wise we'll have Howson, Silike & Payero

AM wise we'd have Crooks, McGarth and Tavernier who I'm assuming we'd possible use out wide.

McGarth is probs to be used out wide too and for some depth maybe as a bench player.

Got to remember he's been playing for St Mirren who will be League 1 standard at best.

3 minutes ago, Foogle said:

It's not even the number of signings for me, really just the calibre of the players targeted and some of the exotic names speaks to us casting our net out wide. Not that it always works out with exotic names.

It's been quite a departure from Micheal Smith et al only a couple of months ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

It's been quite a departure from Micheal Smith et al only a couple of months ago.

he was probably competing for the 3rd choice spot with Uche?

2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I'm quietly confident that we agreed the Scott deal mid-way through the transfer window and he's taken 1 look at Warnock's planned window and said "yeah no ta lads".

Warnock at first was getting exactly what he wanted - Lumley, Ikpeazu, Crooks et al.

Then all of a sudden we've gone in for all these random Europeans and South Americans and he has hardly seemed delighted by it.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""