oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Just now, DevKWat said:

For me, I’m happy if that’s all we do but of course we all want more 🤣 

If we could get someone in to cover CB and LB I’d say the window has been about as good as we could have realistically had.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

The page about siliki on the app was made 2 hrs ago 

The club have signed Cameroon international James Lea Siliki on loan from Rennes.

The midfielder joins the club on a season-long agreement subject to the relevant international clearances being received.

Boro beat off the interest of a number of clubs to capture the signature Lea Siliki.

The player has clocked up almost a century of appearances for Rennes and was a Coupe de France winner in 2018/19.

Boro boss Neil Warnock said: “James is another name that came up and he will be another good addition to the squad. My contacts in France are very impressed with him and we feel he will add to what we have, particularly with his range of passing.”

Lea Siliki is the 12th summer signing and follows Slovenian international Andraz Sporar as the club’s second confirmed deadline day arrival.

All I'm gonna say is that this language suggests there's more deadline signings to be confirmed...

• Like 2

SO in my opinion its been a good window.  As pointed out I said everyone who had signed was a good signing which is unlikely to end up being true.  Its easy to say with hindsight but I stand by earlier reasons. I think if we bring in one more defensive cover then it has been a successful window.  (Im expecting Bennett and not today) If we bring in more great but I for one will not be complaining if we end up as we are.  Some real good business I think when you bear in mind our manager is likely only to have the season and we have a new Head of Football coming in. 

Just now, AllBoro10 said:

Think Siliki could be our signing of the window. Made up with that one.

I think Hernandez will be. Think he’s gone a bit under the radar, but he’s a really quality player at this level. 

• Like 1

Surely we can think up a JLS based chant for Siliki

Now we've got Siliki,

We're not gonna stop,

They're telling me,

That we won't get beat againnnn

Edited by Smogzilla
  • Like 1
Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

I think Hernandez will be. Think he’s gone a bit under the radar, but he’s a really quality player at this level. 

Agree, he’s a class act at this level.

• Like 2
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Still think we are missing an option at centre back, with only bamba and peltier as back up if we have any of our main 3 out. 

I think we're probably looking at full backs. As  Dijksteel, Howson and Bola can cover if the first 5 are injured. 

7 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:
11 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Siliki is ours buzzing. who was the last cameroonian to play for us? joseph job? 

Geremi or Job yes

Much more recent actually, it was Harold Makoudi. 

Unless you're being technical - Makoudi was actually born in France, but was from a Cameroonian family.

Edit: Same goes for Siliki actually.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Much more recent actually, it was Harold Makoudi. 

Unless you're being technical - Makoudi was actually born in France, but was from a Cameroonian family.

sign him up to, i quite liked him

God knows what the first 11 will look like now.

Defence is pretty sorted. 

I’d expect Crooks, Tav, Hernandez, Howson, Siliki all to be in the 11. But does that mean dropping Jones? Also Payero should be knocking on the door when he is up to speed. 

Great to finally have options and strong options at that. You need a good squad of players to achieve anything top 6.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""