oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

It would take a minimum of 6 weeks for Bennett to be match fit assuming his ligament is fully repaired and even then he could break down again when pushed. He may have lost a yard of pace and the confidence to stick his boot in, Conversely he may be back to his best come the end of October and Wigan have a bargain but I don't think we can afford to carry passengers let alone consciously bring them in.

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Bidwell only seemed likely if Swansea could upgrade to Lowe I can't see that happening to be honest. Logically Cardiff's 3rd choice left back Ciaron Brown makes the most sense at the minute, no?

Given the number of new faces, hopefully the next few matches being against middling sides gives them a chance to bed in before the stiffer tests come round. It is very likely a couple of them will take a bit to adjust so hopefully people won't slam them for everything they do wrong for whatever reason. Optimism is not the natural order for Boro fans ..  but I like it..  not a lot but 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

It would take a minimum of 6 weeks for Bennett to be match fit assuming his ligament is fully repaired and even then he could break down again when pushed. He may have lost a yard of pace and the confidence to stick his boot in, Conversely he may be back to his best come the end of October and Wigan have a bargain but I don't think we can afford to carry passengers let alone consciously bring them in.

you've got a heart of pure stone my man. Respect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, estonpidge said:

Roughly 4 hours to sign LB cover and Prem loan striker/wide forward. Most productive window I can remember.

4hours to sign contracted players

I honestly believe we might end up with another signing because I genuinely think we were banking on Bennett coming back, so him going elsewhere is going to have thrown us for a loop.

Just a gut feeling.

Lads, I don't think I've even visited the forum since February. The only thing mighty about the Boro was the mighty depression they inflicted on me all through the 2nd half of last season. I have no idea who most of the signings are, and never heard of this Scott fella at all before a few mins and a quick google ago. Seems quite an amazing window, but why/how on earth do we have sammy ameobi back again?? 

Err.. anyway hoping all these players are as good as ye think they are! (note of caution: January transfer window was also greeted as a rousing success. That did not end well). 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JTG said:

I doubt we've only just found out he's going to Wigan. I'd imagine we've at least had a bit of time to come up with a contingency plan.

With other players linked I got the feeling that Bennett was the back plan tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""