oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

The best thing about Morsy leaving is the fact that I will never again have to excitedly open the Boro team line up an hour before kick off only to see a midfield 3 of Howson, Morsy and McNair. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, Lurker said:

Morsy is an average player. Looks like we’ve upgraded, let him go and got rid of a player who wouldn’t play.
Don’t understand why anyone’s bothered. 

next season we let howson go and the new manager will have to play payero and siliki together.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I would say no. We need a left back but other than we got enough

RB: Dijk and Peltier

CB: Fry Paddy Hall Bamba

LB: Bola

If we get a left back we got two players for each position.

My only worry is if we stick with the 3 at the back. That won't leave us with much room for manoeuvre, as you'd expect 5 of that list to be starting in that system.

Does make me think that Bryan could be on his way to us in the future as he covers LB and CB.

• Like 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

Bloody hell, it's gone from the best transfer window ever to the squad not being good enough, and all that's happened is we've sold Morsy, and might be loaning out Spence!

I think its more the squad depth. We have definitely upgraded on paper. I can understand letting morsey go as we signed JLS. Maybe they see we have Hernandez and Tav and possibly T who can play on the right side, that spences game time would be limited.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

The best thing about Morsy leaving is the fact that I will never again have to excitedly open the Boro team line up an hour before kick off only to see a midfield 3 of Howson, Morsy and McNair. 

remember when it was saville howson and morsy. makes me shudder now. like back to proctor and peake levels of shudder.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Bloody hell, it's gone from the best transfer window ever to the squad not being good enough, and all that's happened is we've sold Morsy, and might be loaning out Spence!

I think it's our best transfer window in years, although do find the Spence move a bit of a head scratcher. Surely he's more valuable as our 2nd choice than strengthening another team in this division, isn't he?

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

With Spence (potentially going) and Wood already going it does leave us a bit short at the back. 

What happens if Bola and / or Dijksteel get injured? 

We’re not that short sighted are we?

• Like 2
Just now, Brunners said:

I think it's our best transfer window in years, although do find the Spence move a bit of a head scratcher. Surely he's more valuable as our 2nd choice than strengthening another team in this division, isn't he?

insert 'that escalated quickly' meme here

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

remember when it was saville howson and morsy. makes me shudder now. like back to proctor and peake levels of shudder.

Shiver 🥶

I don’t mind Morsy himself. He does a job. It was the combination of Morsy and Howson I couldn’t stand.

Just now, uncle_rico said:

What happens if Bola and / or Dijksteel get injured? 

We’re not that short sighted are we?

We have Peltier for right back (presumably). Whether that's the right choice is a different matter altogether. 

But if Bola gets a knock, we genuinely have no options other than shoehorning Jones there.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""