• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I think we chose to send him back didn't we?

nah, Etienne needed him due to injuries and wouldnt extend the deal beyond the original date

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

Tav can also cover both wing back roles.

Watmore could probably do a LWB role.

if it does come to this, at least we have options in the forward positions

how long would nis body hold up doing that role. hed be absolutely done and need subbing at half time every game haha

Don’t mind Spence going out and getting a season of game time under his belt, then he can come back in the summer, likely for the new manager to have a look at him. 

LB is still a headscratcher though. I thought we’d keep Jack Robinson around as a CB/LB backup at the very least.

Just now, DevKWat said:

If Digger heard at 5 it was happening that was after Nixon put that tweet out. I don’t see a reason why that transfer would fall through 

Let’s be honest it can’t be happening now. Nothing been said on it for hours. 

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:
7 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Last season we lost Bola, Dijksteel, Fry and Hall all for lengthy periods of time.

We must have something lined up.

if that happened again we'd be totally *** this season. paddy peltier bamba in a back 3 would be pretty much only option.

Well yeah, if we lost our first choice back four, all at the same time, we'd have a problem.  Same with every other club in football!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The Gazette are saying they understand that we will utilise the free agent market for a LB. Other than Kean Bryan it's pretty baron, I can't see Neil Taylor he's too slight for Warnock and I can't see us moving for someone with no experience in England.

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

how long would nis body hold up doing that role. hed be absolutely done and need subbing at half time every game haha

no one is suggesting he plays there, it's a what if scenario. 

17 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

And warnock wants us to play 5 at the back more often than not. So two injuries and were down to bamba, who can't play 3 times a week. This is exactly what I said I was worried would happen when we signed bamba and got absolutely blasted for it. 

You do realise the manager is a head coach and not a 1970’s manager, he does not decide definitively who comes in and who leaves right? Stop blaming Warnock for everything you don’t agree with. Blame Gibson, he is the chief, the buck stops there. He deserves credit for the way he has opened the purse strings and keeps us afloat, but equally he carries the can for recruitment and retention. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""