oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

I’d like to see us set up like Chelsea do tbf. Definitely stronger with 3 at the back and the 2 behind the striker can play through the middle or out wide giving us plenty of options. 

Tav.          Crooks 

Sporar/ uche

Or 

Hernandez                           Jones 

Sporar/ uche 

can easily go into 532 with that formation aswell and get both uche and Sporar on the pitch at the same time 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Lumley 

McNair.     Hall.     Fry 

djickstell.              Howson.    Bola

Siliki 

Crooks.      Tav 

Sporar/ uche 

or with Jones and Hernandez but more width. 

cpuld even play them 2 instead of djicksteel and bola 

51 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

image.png.8cace67bab00e7ee77867e1fca055be1.png

Something like this must be our strongest team now? Just need a LB/CB cover like Bryan in on a free.

All we need is for them to stop playing low percentage balls into the channels and play through that midfield pairing and we might start to look like a team. Lots of ifs and maybes, but cause for optimism.

Yes it’s looking pretty good I think. There’s also Spence still here. 

Will be interesting to see who NW pairs with Howson against Coventry. 

Strange that Malley didn't get loaned out, he's not had great loans so far. 

Maybe him not getting a loan is why we didn't bring in the likes of McGrath? 

32 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well i'm glad I didn't bother checking this thread after finishing work and instead had a nice takeaway with my wife watching films and periodically checking the Boro twitter account. What an absolute *** shitshow it became.

That said, got to be one of our best transfer windows in recent history, no? Really excited to see what Sporar and Lea-Siliki can do, happy we got rid of Morsy (seriously lads he's gash, League 1 is probably his level.)

If we don't at least make the playoffs with this squad, something is seriously wrong.

Yeah, I gave up on the Forum for the last few hours last night, Trawling through page after page of childish bickering- Nah.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Normally it's me involved!

The important  question is… what type of take away did you have? 

I’m really happy with that window. It’s refreshing to go and sign players who could have a little bit of the wow factor again. It makes a difference from the last few years of the best of British. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the domestic market, but you do tend to be limited with who you can get. 

I’ll be interested to see how Warnock can get a tune out of these players, but for once in a long time, dare I say I’m excited? I don’t think we will have enough to get the automatics but the playoffs could be our lucky route up. 

For me, the starting 11 is also difficult to call. Could be 532, 523, 352, 343, 4232, 4141 or 433 comfortably. I think my starting 11 would be this. 

C0A28273-6EAC-40FD-812E-52B1930FBC3F.jpeg

• Like 1